|"Unto Us a Child Is Born"|
|Air date||February 20th, 1989|
|Producers||Jonathan Hackett; Greg Strangis; Sam Strangis|
|Starring||Jared Martin; Lynda Mason Green; Philip Akin; Richard Chaves|
"The Meek Shall Inherit"
"The Last Supper"
- "You're saying that we have some kind of a half-breed on our hands here."
"A monster. Half-human, half-alien."
- ―Harrison Blackwood and Norton Drake
"Unto Us a Child Is Born" is the eighteenth episode of season one of the science fiction series War of the Worlds and is the eighteenth episode of the series overall. It was directed by George Bloomfield and written by David Braff. It originally aired in first-run syndication on February 20th, 1989.
Plot[edit | edit source]
After a pregnant woman is possessed by an alien and gives birth, the child becomes the focus of a search as it may offer an immunity to Earth's bacteria.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
To escape capture, an alien possesses a pregnant woman and is rushed to the hospital in labor. Guided by Norton's computers, the team goes to the hospital.
Ironhorse deploys his squad throughout the hospital to defend the child who grows quickly to adulthood and gets loose, killing several people. The triad infiltrates the hospital to capture the child, but when the mother/alien decides to reabsorb it to recover her lost strength, her partners kill her and are then killed by Ironhorse. Harrison finds the child who ages rapidly and dies, revealing a normal human child inside. The baby is given to its grandparents, who are revealed to be aliens.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Jared Martin||Harrison Blackwood|
|Lynda Mason Green||Suzanne McCullough|
|Philip Akin||Norton Drake|
|Richard Chaves||Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Amber Lea Weston||Nancy Salvo|
|Peter Boretski||Howard Hugo|
|Mark Parr||Alien Mutant #1|
|Norah Grant||Sgt. Coleman|
|David Calderisi||Advocate #1|
|Michael Eric Kramer||Advocate #2|
|Martin Neufeld||Advocate #3|
|John Pyper-Ferguson||Alien Mutant #2|
|Tim Koetting||Dr. Melish|
|Jonathan Ursini||Alien Toddler|
|Brandyn Ursini||Alien Toddler|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Harrison: [talking to Norton Drake on the phone] Norton, crank it up, will you? We've got some work to do.
- Norton: So what else is new?
- Harrison: Well, I need you to access any of Suzanne's research pertaining to the alien growth rate.
- Suzanne: Which, I can tell you right now, amounts next to nothing.
- Harrison: I want you to calculate its effect on the human rate of physical development.
- Norton: OK. You got it.
- Suzanne: Good luck.
- Norton: Listen, while I've got you both, I've been doing some checking of the police reports in the area and I scored. I came across a report, and I quote, "of a strange doughnut-shaped corpse of the remains of a human being."
- Harrison: Is that the residue of an alien body transfer?
- Norton: Yeah.
- Harrison: Where did they find that?
- Norton: Well, that the interest thing. Less than a mile from the hospital. In fact, in the same shopping mall where the paramedics picked up Nancy Salvo.
- Harrison: So we've got an alien saboteur who, in order to avoid capture, takes over the nearest available body which, unfortunately for her, happens to be Nancy Salvo.
- Norton: The very pregnant Nancy Salvo.
- Harrison: And this takeover creates so much physiological havoc that it triggers premature labor, and the result is the birth of–
- Norton: Of a monster. Half-human, half-alien.
[edit | edit source]