|"To Heal the Leper"|
|Air date||November 21st, 1988|
|Producers||Jonathan Hackett; Greg Strangis; Sam Strangis|
|Starring||Jared Martin; Lynda Mason Green; Philip Akin; Richard Chaves|
"Goliath Is My Name"
"The Good Samaritan"
- "This is Harrison Blackwood. These may be the last words I ever speak on this Earth."
- ―Harrison Blackwood
"To Heal the Leper" is the ninth episode of season one of the science fiction series War of the Worlds and is the ninth episode of the series overall. It was directed by William Fruet and written by David Tynan. It originally aired in first-run syndication on November 21st, 1988.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The aliens are in jeopardy, as the Advocacy's collective counsel is crippled from the weakened state of one of the three. It seems that a dark cloud is lifting, but only Harrison believes they remain a threat.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Needing medicine for a sick Advocate, the aliens steal human brains. Their transmissions stop. Everyone except Harrison concludes that the aliens have gone. He links the brain thefts to alien activity. Sylvia Van Buren's strange drawings lead Harrison to a power plant where the aliens, processing the brains in a crystalline device, cure the Advocate and then leave.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Jared Martin||Harrison Blackwood|
|Lynda Mason Green||Suzanne McCullough|
|Philip Akin||Norton Drake|
|Richard Chaves||Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Ann Robinson||Sylvia Van Buren|
|Richard Comar||Advocate #1|
|Ilse von Glatz||Advocate #2|
|Neil Dainard||Detective Harley|
|John Dee||Old Man|
|Len Carlson||Attending Alien|
|Ross Manson||Officer Roberts|
|Elizabeth Leslie||Desk Honey|
|Krista Bridges||Teen Queen|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Advocate #2: Originally, we'd intended to put your brain matter to good use. Now you vile creatures can serve a higher purpose.
- Advocate #1: Now we will use your bodies. [to alien jailer] Bring us the three strongest.
- Alien Jailer: As you wish.
- Scott: [possessed] You're finished now.
- Teen Queen: I am? I thought a perm took a whole hour.
- Scott: Not anymore. We don't have time.
- Teen Queen: I hate it. What are you gonna do with this?
- Scott: [holds up a small saw] How about a little off the top?
[edit | edit source]