|"My Soul to Keep"|
|Air date||April 24th, 1989|
|Producers||Jonathan Hackett; Greg Strangis; Sam Strangis|
|Starring||Jared Martin; Lynda Mason Green; Philip Akin; Richard Chaves|
"Vengeance Is Mine"
"So Shall Ye Reap"
- "And what would your name be?"
"Woodward and Bernstein didn't need a name."
"Are you trying to tell me you're a Deep Throat?"
- ―Cash McCullough and Quinn
"My Soul to Keep" is the twenty-first episode of season one of the science fiction series War of the Worlds and is the twenty-first episode of the series overall. It was directed by William Fruet and written by John Kubichan. It originally aired in first-run syndication on April 24th, 1989.
The time to reproduce, and thus increase their army, has come for the aliens. But the offspring are endangered by radiation and the aliens take a risky move to ensure their future.
Alien eggs dying in the cavern's heat are moved to an icehouse to hatch.
Quinn tells Cash, Suzanne's ex-husband and reporter, that she works for a secret government operation to kill illegal aliens in the United States. Cash tries to blackmail her into giving him information for a story on the Blackwood Project, but she refuses.
Prompted by Norton's intercepts, Harrison and Ironhorse steal an egg from the icehouse for Suzanne to examine. When Ironhorse's commandos attack and destroy the remaining eggs, Cash follows them in and, seeing the aliens, agrees to keep silent.
|Jared Martin||Harrison Blackwood|
|Lynda Mason Green||Suzanne McCullough|
|Philip Akin||Norton Drake|
|Richard Chaves||Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse|
|Michael Parks||Cash McCullough|
|Michael Dyson||Farmer / Alien|
|Rachel Blanchard||Debi McCullough|
|Ilse von Glatz||Advocate #1|
|Ric Sarabia||Advocate #2|
|Michael Copeman||Advocate #3|
|Moshin Sherazee||Cabbie / Alien|
|Randy Atmadja||Old Clerk|
|Peter Van Wart||Camera Crew #1|
|Andre Mayers||Camera Crew #2|
|Myron Senkus||Man (uncredited)|
Notes & Trivia
- John Colicos is known to Star Trek fans as the Klingon warrior Kor from the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Errand of Mercy". Colicos would later go on to reprise the role of Kor in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes "Blood Oath", "The Sword of Kahless" and "Once More Unto the Breach".
- Advocate #2: These humans are traitorous.
- Advocate #3: We'll be doing a great service for the entire universe to kill each and every one of these revolting human beings.
- Advocate #1: Death to all humans!