|"Dust to Dust"|
|Air date||January 23rd, 1989|
|Producers||Jonathan Hackett; Greg Strangis; Sam Strangis|
|Starring||Jared Martin; Lynda Mason Green; Philip Akin; Richard Chaves|
"Choirs of Angels"
"He Feedeth Among the Lilies"
- "Could you tell me how what happened last night happened?"
- ―Harrison Blackwood
"Dust to Dust" is the fourteenth episode of season one of the science fiction series War of the Worlds and is the fourteenth episode of the series overall. It was directed by George Bloomfield and written by Richard Krizemien. It originally aired in first-run syndication on January 23rd, 1989.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The theft of an Indian object provokes disgust from Ironhorse. But it also garners the aliens' interest, as it holds something that belongs to one of their ancient war machines.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A grave robber steals an ancient mask bearing a triangular crystal from an American Indian burial ground. From a newscast, the aliens recognize the crystal as a warship starter while the team realizes the crystal is beyond the Indians' technological skill.
After failing to persuade the grave robber to return the mask, the tribe's shaman, Joseph, is driven to the reservation by Ironhorse.
The aliens kill the grave robber, take the crystal and locate the warship on the reservation. Warned by Norton, Suzanne and Harrison race to the area. The aliens activate the buried warship. Joseph, guided by Indian spirits, summons a powerful storm, destroying the warship.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Jared Martin||Harrison Blackwood|
|Lynda Mason Green||Suzanne McCullough|
|Philip Akin||Norton Drake|
|Richard Chaves||Lt. Col. Paul Ironhorse|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|R.D. Reid||Mark Newport|
|Michael Rudder||Advocate #3|
|Ilse von Glatz||Advocate #2|
|Gairey Richardson||Detective Bob|
|Aaron Alexander||Young John Kincaid (uncredited)|
|David Calderisi||Advocate #1 (uncredited)|
|Michael Eric Kramer||Alien in contamination suit (uncredited)|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Advocate #2: Watching television has paid off again.
- Advocate #3: But it takes its toll...softens the brain.
- Advocate #2: There. The starter for our warships. We must get that starter. It must mean there's a ship nearby.
- Advocate #3: If we had a warship, our battle on this garbage heap of a planet would be different. We would be unstoppable.
- Advocate #2: We must get the starter, then the warship, then victory!
- Advocate #1: What are your standing orders, comrade?
- Commander: That you not be interrupted, Advocate.
- Advocate #1: Yet there you stand, in defiance of these orders?!
- Commander: I assumed that you'd be interested in the latest communique from our action squad, Advocate.
- Advocate #1: Mm-hmm.
- Commander: They report that all is going smoothly, as hoped.
- Advocate #1: It's safe to say, then, the crystal is in their possession?!
- Commander: It is. Presently, the squad is moving cautiously, yet expeditiously toward the objective.
- Advocate #1: Excellent. See that we're informed the moment they reach the landing site.
- Commander: As you order, Advocate.
- Advocate #1: It will be refreshing to finally report positive progress to the Council.
[edit | edit source]