|"Save the Last One"|
|Air date||October 30th, 2011|
|Writers||Scott M. Gimple|
|Producers||Robert Kirkman; David Alpert; Glen Mazzara; Gale Anne Hurd; Frank Darabont; Scott M. Gimple; Evan Reilly; Greg Nicotero; Tom Luse; Denise Huth; Paul Gadd|
|Starring||Andrew Lincoln; Jon Bernthal; Sarah Wayne Callies; Laurie Holden; Jeffrey DeMunn; Steven Yeun; Chandler Riggs; Norman Reedus|
"Save the Last One" is the third episode of season two of the survival horror series The Walking Dead and the ninth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Phil Abraham and written by Scott M. Gimple. It first aired on AMC on Sunday, October 30th, 2011. In this episode, Shane Walsh and Otis undertake a desperate mission to break into a school overrun with walkers to get some badly needed medical supplies or else little Carl Grimes will die. Shane proves that he is willing to do anything and everything to insure not only his own survival, but that of the boy as well - though the consequences of his actions weigh heavily on his soul.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
|Andrew Lincoln||Rick Grimes|
|Jon Bernthal||Shane Walsh|
|Sarah Wayne Callies||Lori Grimes|
|Jeffrey DeMunn||Dale Horvath|
|Steven Yeun||Glenn Rhee|
|Chandler Riggs||Carl Grimes|
|Norman Reedus||Daryl Dixon|
Also Starring[edit | edit source]
|Melissa McBride||Carol Peletier|
|Lauren Cohan||Maggie Greene|
|Pruitt Taylor Vince||Otis|
|Scott Wilson||Hershel Greene|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is included on disc one of the Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season DVD and Blu-ray collections.
- Final appearance of Otis; dies in this episode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Daryl Dixon: Look at him. Hanging up there like a big piñata. The other geeks came and ate all the flesh off his legs.
- Andrea: I thought we were changing the subject.
- Daryl Dixon: Call that payback for laughing about my itchy ass.
- Daryl Dixon: "Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit." Dumbass didn't know enough to shoot himself in the head. Turns himself into a swinging piece of bait. And a mess.
- Rick Grimes: There is still a life for us, a place maybe like this. It isn't all death, out there; it can't be. We just have to be strong enough, after all we've seen, to still believe that. Why is it better for Carl to live, even in this world? He talked about the deer.
- Patricia: Merle Dixon's clap is the best thing that ever happened to you.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
This article pertains to an episode from season two of the The Walking Dead television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Walking Dead/Season 2 episodes category.