- "He's all charm and smiles in the beginning. But the second he gets tired of you, he gonna stop calling. Before you know it, he's off with some other floozy. Not-not that you are one, but trust me. It's as regular as the seasons. You seem like a sweet girl, I don't want you to get hurt."
- ―Sookie Stackhouse
|"The Fourth Man in the Fire"|
|Air date||October 26th, 2008|
|Producers||Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Carol Dunn Trussell; Alan Ball; Bruce Dunn; Christina Jokanovich|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Chris Bauer; Nelsan Ellis; Jim Parrack; Adina Porter; Carrie Preston; Michael Raymond-James; William Sanderson; Alexander Skarsgård; Lizzy Caplan; Stephen Root|
"Burning House of Love"
"The Fourth Man in the Fire" is the eighth episode of season one of the vampire-themed television series True Blood. It was directed by Michael Lehmann and written by Alexander Woo. It premiered on HBO on Sunday evening, October 26th, 2008. In this episode, Sookie tries to hold herself together in the wake of another possible tragedy. Tara is amazed by Lettie Mae's turnaround, and considers similar therapy for herself after lashing out at Sookie and Sam. Later, at Bill's request, Sookie agrees to use her gifts to help Eric, a powerful vampire sheriff, root out a thief at Fangtasia.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Aisha Hinds||Miss Jeanette|
|Kristin Bauer||Pam De Beaufort|
|Todd Lowe||Terry Bellefleur|
|John Billingsley||Mike Spencer|
|Mike McMillian||Steve Newlin|
|Elayn J. Taylor||Mable|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Mitchell Edmonds||Nudist man|
|Alec Gray||Coby Fowler|
|Laurel Weber||Lisa Fowler|
|Stephanie McVay||Vampire talk show hostess|
|Brian Ogilvie||Forensics tech|
Crew[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- "TB: The Fourth Man in the Fire" redirects to this page.
- This episode is included on disc four of the True Blood: The Complete First Season DVD collection. It is also included on the season one Blu-ray collection.
- This episode was watched by 2.07 million viewers. 
- The title for this episode is taken from "Fourth Man in the Fire", a song by country/western star Johnny Cash. The song is played in this episode.
- First appearance of Stephen Root as Eddie Gauthier. He is listed in the opening credits for this episode. He appears next in "Plaisir d'amour".
- Second appearance of Amy Burley and Miss Jeanette.
- Third appearance of Pam De Beaufort.
- First appearance of Tara Buck as Ginger.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Sookie Stackhouse: Why am I the only person in this world that doesn't think that vampires are monsters?
- Jason Stackhouse: Jesus Christ! I want to lick your mind.
- Sookie Stackhouse: Some vampires like to keep a human around for sex and blood.
- Lisa Fowler: Bill, how come you can't have ice cream?
- Bill Compton: You might say that I'm lactose intolerant.
- Coby Fowler: Just like my Aunt Fern. 'Cept she don't tolerate Mexicans.
- Sookie Stackhouse: Doesn't it get old for you? I mean you've been doing it for over a hundred years. Doesn't it get predictable?
- Bill Compton: Not with you it doesn't. You're entirely different. And the beauty and the tragedy of it is that you don't know just how different you are.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 1 episodes category.|