|"New World in My View"|
|Air date||August 23rd, 2009|
|Writers||Kate Barnow; Elisabeth R. Finch|
|Producers||Bruce Dunn; Mark McNair; Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Alan Ball; Gregg Fienberg; Christina Jokanovich; Luis M. Patiño|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Chris Bauer; Mehcad Brooks; Anna Camp; Nelsan Ellis; Michelle Forbes; Mariana Klaveno; Todd Lowe; Michael McMillian; Jim Parrack; Carrie Preston; William Sanderson; Alexander Skarsgard; Deborah Ann Woll|
"I Will Rise Up"
"New World in My View" is the tenth episode of season two of the supernatural drama series True Blood and the twenty-third episode of the series overall. It was directed by Adam Davidson with a script written by Kate Barnow and Elisabeth R. Finch. It first aired on HBO on Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 at 9:00 pm.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Adina Porter||Lettie Mae Thornton|
|Patricia Bethune||Jane Bodehouse|
|John Billingsley||Mike Spencer|
|Dale Raoul||Maxine Fortenberry|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
|Price Carson||Mean looking frenzier|
|Valorie Hubbard||Random frenzier|
|Antonio D. Charity||Secret serviceman|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- Series based on "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" series of novels written by Charlaine Harris. This episode adapts material from the second book in the series, Living Dead in Dallas.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- This episode is included on disc four of the True Blood: The Complete Second Season DVD and Blu-ray collections.
- Actor William Sanderson is credited in this episode, but does not make an actual appearance.
- Actress Adina Porter is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Lettie Mae Thornton is identified only as Lettie Mae in the end-title sequence of this episode.
- The title of this episode is taken from the song "New World in My View" by King Britt Presents Sister Gertrude Morgan. It is played during the end-title sequence of this episode.
- This is the only episode of True Blood directed by Adam Davidson. He will eventually go on to direct episodes of AMC's Fear the Walking Dead.
- This is the first episode of True Blood co-written by Kate Barnow. She works on seven episodes of the series in total. It is her only episode from season two as a writer. Her next episode is "9 Crimes" in season three. Barnow is also a script coordinator on the series.
- This is the first episode of True Blood co-written by Elisabeth R. Finch. She is also a writers' assistant on the series and has worked on twenty-three episodes of the show in this capacity. As a script writer, she has worked on three episodes of the show. Her next episode is "9 Crimes" in season three.
- This is the first and only appearance of Nikki.
- Behind-the-scenes appearance of Sophie-Anne Leclerq, the vampire queen of Louisiana. She makes her first full appearance in "Frenzy".
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Jessica Hamby: Lady, you have no idea how little control I have over my actions! You also do not know I have not eaten in days!
- Sookie Stackhouse: I've known Tara my whole life and every trace of her was gone. Replaced. And here I thought vampires were the only one's who could hypnotize people.
- Bill Compton: No offense Sookie, but humans are shockingly susceptible to just about every form of thought manipulation.
- Sookie Stackhouse: It's all comin' from Maryann. All of it. She-she eats people's hearts and she wants more. She wants their souls and that chant...
- Bill Compton: Chant?
- Sookie Stackhouse: Lo lo Bromios, lo lo Dendrites, Eleutherios, Enorches, Bacchus.
- Bill Compton: Bacchus!
- Sookie Stackhouse: Bill... I've seen that look on your face before and I don't like it.
- Bill Compton: I read about some ancient creatures many years ago. But I always assumed it was just a myth. But I believe Maryann might be one.
- Sam Merlotte: I got no idea how we're gonna deal with a god-damned maenad.
- Andy Bellefleur: A mae-what?
- Sam Merlotte: Wait. You don't remember any of what I told you last night? Or were you passed out, spent the whole fuckin' day in bed, sleepin' off your bender?
- Andy Bellefleur: You said uh, Maryann was to blame for all this, the bug eyes and the craziness.
- Sam Merlotte: And the people showin' up dead with their hearts cut out, in the back seat of your car.
- Andy Bellefleur: She did that?
- Sam Merlotte: Yeah. She killed Daphne too.
- Andy Bellefleur: Fuck me... We got another serial killer.
Crew[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Credited, but does not appear in this episode.
- TV Rage.com; True Blood, "New World in My View"; Episode Info.
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 2 episodes category.|