|"Me and the Devil"|
Season 4, Episode 5
|Airdate||July 24th, 2011|
|Producer||Bruce Dunn; Robert Del Valle; Mark Hudis; Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Alan Ball; Gregg Fienberg; Christina Jokanovich; Marlis Pujol; David Auge; Luis M. Patiño|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Alexander Skarsgård; Kevin Alejandro; Marshall Allman; Chris Bauer; Kristin Bauer van Straten; Lauren Bowles; Nelsan Ellis; Janina Gavankar; Todd Lowe; Joe Manganiello; Jim Parrack; Carrie Preston; Fiona Shaw; Jessica Tuck; Deborah Ann Woll|
|Previous||"I'm Alive and On Fire"|
|Next||"I Wish I Was the Moon"|
"Me and the Devil" is the fifth episode of season four of the supernatural drama series True Blood and the forty-first episode of the series overall. The serise is based on a series of novels written by Charlaine Harris. The episode was directed by Daniel Minahan with a script written by Mark Hudis. It first aired on HBO on Sunday, July 24th, 2011 at 9:00 pm.
Note: Listings marked with a (†) symbol indicate cast members who are credited in this episode, but their character does not make an appearance.
Guest Starring Edit
|Poncho Hodges||Officer Trap|
|Gabriel Solis||Young Jesus|
|Diahnna Nicole Baxter||Witch #1|
|Dahlia Waingort||Witch #2|
|Silvia Curiel||Witch #3|
|Misha Gonz-Cirkl||Witch #4|
|Danny Cangemi||Puppeteer #1|
|Peter A. Chevako||Puppeteer #2|
|Robert Devine||Puppeteer #3|
|Tom von Badinski||Puppeteer #4|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- This series based on "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" series of novels written by Charlaine Harris. This episode is based on events presented in the 2004 novel Dead to the World.
- This episode is rated TV-MA. It contains strong language and scenes of graphic violence. Viewer discretion is advised.
- This episode is included on disc two of the True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season DVD and Blu-ray collections, which was released by HBO Home Video on October 21st, 2012. The episode is also included on the True Blood: The Complete Series DVD and True Blood: The Complete Series/Blu-ray collections.
- Actress Adina Porter is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- The character of Luis Patiño is named after associate producer Luis M. Patiño.
- Only Adele Stackhouse's voice is heard in this episode.
- The title of this episode is taken from the song "Me and the Devil" by Gil Scott-Heron. It plays during the end-title sequence.
- One of the guard's at the Compton residence is playing "Plants vs. Zombies" on his mobile phone. Plants vs. Zombies is a tower defense video game developed and originally published by PopCap Games for Microsoft Windows and OS X. The game involves a homeowner using a variety of different plants to prevent an army of zombies from entering their house and "eating their brains".
- The song that is playing when Sookie Stackhouse is asking Holly Cleary about the Wicca coven is "Waitin' on the Sky" by Steve Earle.
- The song that is playing when Jason Stackhouse and Hoyt Fortenberry are talking about their experiences in Hotshot is "Meet Me in the Alleyway", also by Steve Earle.
- Bill Compton: Vampires have often found it advantageous to maintain a hidden presence in humanity's most powerful institutions and in the 1600's, that was the Catholic Church and today, as you all know, it's Google and Fox News.
- Bill Compton: (seeing Pam's veil) Oh, good, the world needs more beekeepers.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 4 episodes category.|