|"It Hurts Me Too"|
|Air date||June 27th, 2010|
|Producers||Bruce Dunn; Mark McNair; Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Alan Ball; Gregg Fienberg; Christina Jokanovich; Luis M. Patiño|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Chris Bauer; Kristin Bauer van Straten; Nelsan Ellis; Todd Lowe; Jim Parrack; Carrie Preston; Alexander Skarsgård; Deborah Ann Woll|
"It Hurts Me Too" is the third episode of season three of the supernatural horror series True Blood and the twenty-seventh episode of the series overall. It was directed by Michael Lehmann with a script written by Alexander Woo. It first aired on HBO on Sunday, June 27th, 2010.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Kevin Fry Bowers||Turk|
|Daniel Q. Rebert||Puppeteer|
Crew[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- This is the sixth episode of True Blood directed by Michael Lehmann. He directs fifteen episodes of the series in total. He previously directed "Hard-Hearted Hannah". His next episode is "I Got a Right to Sing the Blues".
- This is the sixth episode of True Blood written by Alexander Woo. He writes twelve episodes of the series in total. He previously worked on "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'". His next episode is "Everything Is Broken".
- Actor Vincent M. Ward (credited as Vincent Ward in this episode) is also known for playing the role of prison inmate Oscar in season three of the AMC series The Walking Dead.
- Actor Ezra Masters is uncredited for his participation in this episode.
- This is the first appearance of Alcide Herveaux, who is a werewolf. Alcide will become a major character throughout the remainder of the series.
- This is the first appearance of Doctor Robideaux. He makes two appearances in the series in total. He appears next in "Fresh Blood".
- Bud Dearborne quits his job in this episode. He makes one final appearance as a regular character in "9 Crimes", though he will continue to be credited throughout the remainder of season three. Bud will return to the show in season five in the episode, "In the Beginning".
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- The title of this episode is taken from the 1940 blues standard, "It Hurts Me Too". The song is played during the end credit sequence of this episode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Cooter Johnson: Johnson's my best goddamn man.
- Talbot Angelis: They're all dumber than a box of rocks.
- Cooter Johnson: Sir, that's unfair.
- Talbot Angelis: To boxes, maybe. Or rocks.
- Terry Bellefleur: Spit it out, baby. You're breaking up with me.
- Arlene Fowler: No, no. It's not. It's not.
- Terry Bellefleur: "It's not you. It's me." If I had a nickel for every time ... I'd have 15 cents.
- Eric Northman: Relax. You'll ruin your new ride.
- Lafayette Reynolds: Huh?
- Eric Northman: Pam's been a little harsh lately. She's been under a lot of pressure. I thought it'd be a good time for a small gift to my top salesman.
- Lafayette Reynolds: What's the catch?
- Eric Northman: Well you'll have to pay the insurance, of course. I'm not an idiot. And I'm gonna have to sell you the car for one dollar to avoid that pesky gift tax.
- Jason Stackhouse: Man, there are two kinds of people in this world. People who got no dreams, people who got dreams and don't do nothing about it, and people who go out and fulfill their dreams. I don't know about you, but I'm the third kind.
- Hoyt Fortenberry: What is the rank between a sergeant and a captain in the Louisiana State Police?
- Jason Stackhouse: Skip.
- Hoyt Fortenberry: The legal blood-alcohol limit in the State of Louisiana is?
- Jason Stackhouse: Oh. When you're drunk?
- Hoyt Fortenberry: Uh, no.
- Jason Stackhouse: Next one.
- Hoyt Fortenberry: Jessica says it's too late for us to be together. What do you think she means by that?
- Jason Stackhouse: Wait, that's on the test?
- Hoyt Fortenberry: No, I'm asking you.
- Jason Stackhouse: Huh? Come on, man. Not now. You're quizzing me. I'm in the zone.
- Hoyt Fortenberry: Yeah, you're 0 for 22. At least this you could help me with.
Home Video[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 3 episodes category.|
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.