|"I Will Rise Up"|
|Air date||August 16th, 2009|
|Producers||Bruce Dunn; Mark McNair; Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Alan Ball; Gregg Fienberg; Christina Jokanovich; Luis M. Patiño|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Chris Bauer; Mehcad Brooks; Anna Camp; Nelsan Ellis; Michelle Forbes; Mariana Klaveno; Todd Lowe; Michael McMillian; Jim Parrack; Carrie Preston; William Sanderson; Alexander Skarsgard; Deborah Ann Woll|
"New World in My View"
"I Will Rise Up" is the ninth episode of season two of the supernatural drama series True Blood and the twenty-first episode of the series overall. It was directed by Scott Winant and written by Nancy Oliver. It first aired on HBO on Sunday, August 16th, 2009 at 9:00 pm.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Adina Porter||Lettie Mae Thornton|
|Patricia Bethune||Jane Bodehouse|
|John Billingsley||Mike Spencer|
|Wes Brown||Luke McDonald|
|Jessica Tuck||Nan Flanagan|
|Dale Raoul||Maxine Fortenberry|
|Christopher Shand||Boy Soldier of the Sun|
|Alice Ensor||Customer #1|
|Duane R. Shepard, Sr.||Customer #2|
|Price Carson||Mean-looking frenzier|
|Valorie Hubbard||Random frenzier|
|Kelly Frazier||Happy female prisoner|
|Shannon Garnett||Dallas vampire|
|Claudia Graf||Female bodyguard|
|Shaun W. Loeser||Soldier of the Sun|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- This episode is included on disc four of the True Blood: The Complete Second Season DVD and Blu-ray collections.
- This episode is production code number: 209.
- This is the final chapter of the "Dallas" story-arc in True Blood.
- This is the fourth episode of True Blood directed by Scott Winant. He previously directed "Scratches".
- This is the third episode of True Blood written by Nancy Oliver. She previously wrote "Never Let Me Go". Her next episode is "Trouble".
- Actor Duane R. Shepard, Sr. is credited as Duane Shepard, Sr. in this episode.
- Actress Kelly Frazier, who plays a happy prisoner, is uncredited for her participation in this episode.
- Actress Shannon Garnett, who plays one of the Dallas vampires, is uncredited for her participation in this episode.
- Actress Claudia Graf, who plays a bodyguard, is uncredited for her participation in this episode.
- Actor and stunt performer, Shaun W. Loeser, who plays one of the Soldiers of the Sun, is uncredited for his participation in this episode.
- This is the fourth and final appearance of Godric as a living being. He meets the final death in this episode. However, actor Allan Hyde will continue to make appearances in the series as Godric as part of a recurring delusion that Eric Northman suffers from. His first appearance in such form is the season three premiere, "Beautifully Broken".
- This is the seventh and final appearance of Luke McDonald, who dies in this episode.
- This is the fifth and final appearance of Isabel Beaumont.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- The title of this episode is taken from the song, "I Will Rise Up", by Lyle Lovett, and is played in this episode.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 2 episodes category.|
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.