- "All this alpha-male posturing. Why don't the two of you just fuck each other and get it over with? I could watch."
- ―Sophie-Anne Leclerq
|Air date||August 30th, 2009|
|Producers||Bruce Dunn; Mark McNair; Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Alan Ball; Gregg Fienberg; Christina Jokanovich; Luis M. Patiño|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Chris Bauer; Mehcad Brooks; Anna Camp; Nelsan Ellis; Michelle Forbes; Mariana Klaveno; Todd Lowe; Michael McMillian; Jim Parrack; Carrie Preston; William Sanderson; Alexander Skarsgard; Deborah Ann Woll|
"New World In My View"
"Beyond Here Lies Nothin'"
"Frenzy" is the eleventh episode of season two of the American television series True Blood and the twenty-third episode of the series overall. The episode was directed by Daniel Minahan and written by series creator Alan Ball. It first aired on the HBO network on Sunday, August 30th, 2009. In this episode, Bill Compton pays a visit to the vampire queen of Louisiana, Sophie-Anne Leclerq and asks her advice on how to defeat a Maenad. Lafayette Reynolds is suffering severe post-traumatic stress syndrome as a result of being held prisoner by Eric Northman. Meanwhile, Jason Stackhouse and Andy Bellefleur decide to ignore all warnings and make a show of force against Maryann. They arm themselves to the teeth, prepared for a final showdown. At the Stackhouse residence, Maryann continues to use her powers to sway the citizens of Bon Temps to her cause. She has them build a giant nest while Maryann readies herself for the upcoming ritual.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Special Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Evan Rachel Wood||Sophie-Anne Leclerq|
|Adina Porter||Lettie Mae Thornton|
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
|Patricia Bethune||Jane Bodehouse|
|John Billingsley||Mike Spencer|
|Dale Raoul||Maxine Fortenberry|
|Kristin Bauer||Pam De Beaufort|
|Lindsey Haun||Hadley Hale|
|Tess Alexandra Parker||Rosie|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|John Rezig||Deputy Kevin Ellis|
|Alec Gray||Coby Fowler|
|Laurel Weber||Lisa Fowler|
|Leonardo Ciacci||Frenzy man in dress|
|Avion Baker||Young Tara|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- Series based on "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" series of novels written by Charlaine Harris. This episode adapts material from the second book in the series, Living Dead in Dallas.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- Production code number: 211.
- The title for this episode is taken from the song "Frenzy" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins which is played in this episode.
- This is the third episode of True Blood directed by Daniel Minahan. He previously directed "Sparks Fly Out" from season one and "Nothing But the Blood" from season two.
- First appearance of Sophie-Anne Leclerq. She plays a more promiment role in season 3. She appears next in "Beyond Here Lies Nothin'".
- Third appearance of Deputy Kevin Ellis and his first appearance in season 2. He previously appeared in the season 1 episode "Escape from Dragon House" and "You'll Be the Death of Me".
- This episode is the first time that a vampire can be seen flying. Eric Northman flies off, leaving a great impression upon Arlene's kids Coby and Lisa.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 2 episodes category.|