- "We started most of the myths about ourselves many centuries ago. If humans thought that we couldn't be seen in a mirror, it was another way for us to prove that we weren't vampires. And that way, we could stay hid."
- ―Bill Compton
|"Burning House of Love"|
|Air date||October 19th, 2008|
|Producers||Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Carol Dunn Trussell; Alan Ball; Bruce Dunn; Christina Jokanovich|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Chris Bauer; Nelsan Ellis; Jim Parrack; Adina Porter; Carrie Preston; Michael Raymond-James; William Sanderson; Alexander Skarsgård; Lizzy Caplan|
"The Fourth Man in the Fire"
"Burning House of Love" is the seventh episode of season one of the vampire-themed television series True Blood. It was directed by Marcos Siega and written by Chris Offutt. It premiered on HBO on Sunday evening, October 19th, 2008. In this episode, Sookie's painful revelation about her Uncle Bartlett spurs Bill into action. Despite her skepticism, Tara agrees to pay for an exorcism to purge a demon out of Lettie Mae. In search of V juice, Jason travels to Fangtasia, where he bonds with an adventurous young woman named Amy.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Aisha Hinds||Miss Jeanette|
|Kristin Bauer||Pam De Beaufort|
|Todd Lowe||Terry Bellefleur|
|Danielle James||Randi Sue|
|Andrew Rothenberg||Malcolm Beaumarchais|
|Aunjanue Ellis||Diane Hardwicke|
|Graham Shiels||Liam McKnight|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
Crew[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- "TB: Burning House of Love" redirects to this page.
- This episode is included on disc three of the True Blood: The Complete First Season DVD collection. It is also included on the season one Blu-ray collection.
- The title for this episode is taken from the song "Burning House of Love" by the Knitters, which is played in this episode.
- This is the first episode of True Blood with Romeo Tirone as the director of photography. He will work on twenty-two episodes of the series in total in this capacity.
- Actor Jim Parrack is credited in this episode, but does not make an actual appearance.
- First episode with Lizzy Caplan as Amy Burley. She is given opening theme screen credit beginning with this episode.
- Second appearance of Kristin Bauer as Pam De Beaufort. She previously appeared in "Escape from Dragon House".
- Final appearance for Zenali Turner, who plays young Sookie Stackhouse, also played young Sookie in "The First Taste". She appears next in the season five premiere, "Turn! Turn! Turn!".
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 1 episodes category.|