- "I am over Sookie and her precious fairy vagina and her unbelievably stupid name!"
- ―Pam De Beaufort
|"And When I Die"|
|Air date||September 11th, 2011|
|Producers||Bruce Dunn; Robert Del Valle; Mark Hudis; Raelle Tucker; Alexander Woo; Nancy Oliver; Brian Buckner; Alan Ball; Gregg Fienberg; Christina Jokanovich; David Auge; Marlis Pujol; Luis M. Patiño|
|Starring||Anna Paquin; Stephen Moyer; Sam Trammell; Ryan Kwanten; Rutina Wesley; Alexander Skarsgård; Kevin Alejandro; Chris Bauer; Kristin Bauer van Straten; Nelsan Ellis; Todd Lowe; Jim Parrack; Carrie Preston; Deborah Ann Woll|
"Soul of Fire"
"Turn! Turn! Turn!"
"And When I Die" is the twelfth episode of season four of the American television series True Blood and the forty-eighth episode of the series overall. It was directed by Scott Winant and written by producer Raelle Tucker. It first aired on HBO on Sunday, September 11th, 2011. In this episode, Bill Compton and the other vampires try to clean up the mess left in the aftermath of their showdown with Marnie Stonebrook. Nan Flanagan comes to Bill's office for one final confrontation. Marnie may be dead, but her spirit lives on and tries to take possession of Lafayette Reynolds. Jesus Velasquez must rely upon his dark gifts to save his lover. The former members of Marnie's coven must band together to put an end to her madness once and for all. Meanwhile Debbie Pelt, having been rejected by Alcide, blames Sookie, and comes to her house looking for a little payback.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Special Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Brit Morgan||Debbie Pelt|
|Lois Smith||Adele Stackhouse|
|Michael Raymond-James||Rene Lenier|
|Michael McMillian||Steve Newlin|
|Scott Foley||Patrick Devins|
Guest-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Dale Raoul||Maxine Fortenberry|
|Paola Turbay||Antonia Gavilán de Logroño|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Alec Gray||Coby Fowler|
|Laurel Weber||Lisa Fowler|
|Chloe Noelle||Emma Garza|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True Blood was created by Alan Ball. It is based on the "Sookie Stackhouse" series of novels by author Charlaine Harris.
- Series based on "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" series of novels written by Charlaine Harris. This episode is based on events presented in the 2004 novel Dead to the World.
- This episode is rated TV-MA.
- This episode is included on the True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season DVD and Blu-ray collections, which was released by HBO Home Video on October 21st, 2012. The episode is also included on the True Blood: The Complete Series DVD and True Blood: The Complete Series/Blu-ray collections.
- "And When I Die" is the season finale.
- The title of the episode is taken from the song "And When I Die" by The Heavy, which is featured in this episode.
- Includes guest appearances by Lois Smith and Michael Raymond-James reprising their roles as Adele Stackhouse and René Lenier. Both characters were introduced and killed off in season one.
- Steve Newlin appeared last in the season two episode "I Will Rise Up", though he did appear in flashback and dream sequences in "I Smell a Rat" and "Evil Is Going On" in season three.
- First appearance of Scott Foley as Patrick Devins. He will become an important character in season five.
- Behind the scenes appearance of Russell Edgington. He was the "Big Bad" of season three. The implication in this episode is that he has escaped confinement and will be back for revenge. It is implied that Russell may have been the one to turn Steve Newlin into a vampire.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|True Blood. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood/Season 4 episodes category.|