|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
- "People may not remember what we say here tonight, but by God they'll remember what we did."
- ―Charlie Hewitt
|The Texas Chainsaw Massacre|
|Title:||The Texas Chainsaw Massacre|
|Directed by:||Jonathan Liebesman|
|Written by:||Sheldon Turner; David J. Schow|
|Produced by:||Alma Kuttruff; K.C. Hodenfield; Robert J. Kuhn; Toby Emmerich; Mark Ordesky; Guy Stodel; Jeffrey Allard; Andrew Form; Brad Fuller; Tobe Hooper; Kim Henkel; Michael Bay; Mike Fleiss|
|Music by:||Steve Jablonsky|
|Edited by:||Jonathan Chibnall; Jim May; Joel Negron|
|Distributed by:||New Line Cinema; Platinum Dunes; Next Entertainment|
|Released:||October 6th, 2006|
|Running time:||91 min.|
|Previous:||Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The (2003)|
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is an American horror film of the slasher subgenre. It is the sixth film produced in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre film series, and is the second film of the franchise's remake series, which began with the 2003 reboot of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre by director Marcus Nispel. This film, which serves as a prequel to the remake, was directed by Jonathan Liebesman with a script written by Sheldon Turner and David J. Schow, based on a story treatment by Turner. The film was produced by New Line Cinema and Michael Bay's company, Platinum Dunes, as well as Next Entertainment. It premiered in the United States on October 6th, 2006.
This film brings back all of those old wacky Hewitt family members you all know and love from the first film including R. Lee Ermey as the foul-mouthed sheriff Hoyt, Marietta Marich as Luda May Hewitt, Terrence Evans as Old Monty, Kathy Lamkin as the Tea lady and of course, Andrew Bryniarski as Thomas Brown "Leatherface" Hewitt. As for the appetizers to serve up before the main course, we have Jordana Brewster as Chrissie, a pre-White Collar Matt Bomer as Eric, Taylor Handley as Eric's brother, Dean and Diora Baird as Bailey.
The events of this film take place four years prior to the events of the 2003 film, and even showcases the grisly birth of Thomas Hewitt on the floor of a slaughterhouse. In the film, Eric is a Vietnam vet who is returning overseas, and he expects his younger brother, Dean, to accompany him. Dean however, has no intention of going off to war. Along with girlfriends, Chrissie and Bailey in tow, the group drives through Texas and runs afoul of a biker gang. This isn't the worst of their problems however, as they soon discover that they have journeyed deep into Leatherface country. You know how this goes. Violence, screaming, murder and bloodshed ensues - all at the tip of a hungry chainsaw.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Principal shooting on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning began on October 10th, 2005 and concluded in February, 2006.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning was released to DVD by New Line Cinema on January 16th, 2007.  The DVD was also packaged with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake and released as a double feature on September 15th, 2009. September 15th is also director Jonathan Liebesman's birthday.
- The opening scene of the film takes place in August, 1939 with the birth of Thomas Hewitt. The remainder of the story takes place in July, 1969, making Thomas Hewitt 29-years-old in this film. This makes him 33-years-old in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which takes place in August, 1973.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tagline for this film is, "Witness the birth of fear".
- The scene where Charlie Hewitt wears the hat in his boxers and grabs his crotch is a wink to the 1987 war film Full Metal Jacket by director Stanley Kubrick. In the film, R. Lee Ermey plays a USMC drill sergeant who wears a similar hat and grabs his crotch.
- Sloane, who is Thomas Hewitt's mother, is the first character seen in this film. She is also the first character to die in the film. As Sloane dies in childbirth, it could be argued that she is technically Tommy Hewitt's first victim.
Explicit material[edit | edit source]
Body Count[edit | edit source]
|Sloane||Dies in child birth giving birth to Thomas Hewitt in 1939.|
|Lee Bros. supervisor||Bludgeoned to death with a sledgehammer by Thomas.|
|Sheriff Winston||Shot to death by Charlie Hewitt.|
|Alex||Shot to death by Charlie Hewitt. Later beheaded at the farmhouse.|
|Holden||Cut in half with chainsaw by Tommy while Charlie holds him down.|
|Eric||Tortured, skinned and then ran through with a chainsaw.|
|Bailey||Throat sliced open by Tommy.|
|Dean||Ran through with a chainsaw in the back by Tommy.|
|Chrissie||Ran through with a chainsaw in the back by Tommy.|
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning at Wikipedia
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning at the Horror Film Wiki
References[edit | edit source]
This article relates to the films within the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Films category.