|"The Word Processor of the Gods"|
|Air date||November 25th, 1984|
|Producers||Jerry Golod; George A. Romero; Richard P. Rubinstein; William Teitler|
|Starring||Bruce Davison; Karen Shallo; Patrick Piccininni; William Cain; Jon Matthews; Miranda Beeson|
"Inside the Closet"
"A Case of the Stubborns"
"The Word Processor of the Gods" is the eighth episode of season one of the horror anthology series Tales from the Darkside. It was directed by Michael Gornick with a teleplay written by Michael McDowell. It first aired in first-run syndication on Sunday, November 25th, 1984 at 8:00 pm.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
|Bruce Davison||Richard Hagstrom|
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
|Karen Shallo||Lina Hagstrom|
|Patrick Piccininni||Seth Robert Hagstrom|
|William Cain||Tom Nordhoff|
|Jon Matthews||Jonathan Hagstrom|
|Miranda Beeson||Belinda Hagstrom|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tales from the Darkside was created by George A. Romero. It is an anthology television series that aired in syndication from September 30th, 1984 to July 24th, 1988, spanning a total of four seasons and ninety episodes. The series was presented in the same vein as programs like Tales from the Crypt.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- This episode adapts the short story "Word Processor of the Gods", which was written by author Stephen King and first published in Playboy magazine in January, 1983. The story was later included in the anthology book series Skeleton Crew.
Rest in Peace[edit | edit source]
- Series creator George A. Romero passed away in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on July 16th, 2017 at the age of 77.
- Narrator Paul Sparer passed away in New York City, New York on November 19th, 1999 at the age of 75.
- Writer Michael McDowell passed away in Boston, Massachusetts on December 27th, 1999 at the age of 49.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Tales from the Darkside.|