|Shark Night 3D|
|Title:||Shark Night 3D|
|Directed by:||David R. Ellis|
|Written by:||Will Hayes; Jesse Studenberg|
|Produced by:||Douglas Curtis; Chris Briggs; Mike Fleiss; Lynette Howell; Kelly McCormick; Tawny Ellis Lehman|
|Music by:||Graeme Revell|
|Edited by:||Dennis Virkler|
|Distributed by:||Relativity Media|
|Released:||September 2nd, 2011|
|Running time:||91 min.|
Shark Night 3D is an American horror film of the predatory animal and "terror in the water" subgenres. It was directed by David R. Ellis and written by Will Hayes and Jesse Studenberg. It was produced by Incentive Filmed Entertainment, Next Films and Relativity Media and released theatrically in the United States on September 2nd, 2011. The film stars Sara Paxton, Dustin Milligan, Chris Carmack, Katharine McPhee, Joel David Moore, Joshua Leonard and Donal Logue. The movie is set in Louisiana and involves a cast of seven college students from Tulane University in New Orleans who take a summer vacation out on Lake Pontchartrain. Their plans for a fun-filled weekend of motorboating and wakeboarding turns to carnage as the students are attacked by hungry schools of sharks of varying species.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
|Sara Paxton||Sara Palski|
|Chris Carmack||Dennis Crim|
|Joel David Moore||Gordon|
|Donal Logue||Sheriff Greg Sabin|
|Jimmy Lee, Jr.||Carl|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tagline for this film is, "Terror runs deep".
- Production on Shark Night 3D began on September 10th, 2010. Principal photography concluded on November 21st, 2010. The movie was shot on location in Shreveport, Louisiana.
- The French release of the film is just called Shark 3D.
- Shark Night 3D closed out of theaters on November 24th, 2011 after being in release for a total of twelve weeks (84 days).
- This is the fifth horror film directed by David R. Ellis. Ellis is also known for directing Final Destination 2 in 2003, Snakes on a Plane in 2006, Asylum in 2008 and The Final Destination in 2009.
- Actors Kyla Pratt and David Speed are uncredited for their participation in this film.
- Actor Joel David Moore is also known for playing the lead role of Ben in Adam Green's 2006 slasher film Hatchet as well as the mentally disturbed Mason in Green's 2007 psycho-thriller Spiral. Both Hatchet and Shark Night 3D take place in Louisiana. Joshua Leonard also appears in both films.
- Actor Donal Logue has appeared in two supernaturally-themed movies based on notable Marvel Comics characters. He played the vampire Quinn, a foe of Wesley Snipes' titular vampire hunting hero in the 1998 action film Blade and he played Mack, the BFF of motorcycle stuntman Johnny Blaze in 2007's Ghost Rider. Coincidentally, Donal also provided the voice of Troy in the 2006 animated feature Shark Bait.
- Actor Chris Zylka is also known for playing the role of Jake Armstrong on the CW Network television serise The Secret Circle.
The year in film[edit source]
Other films that were released in 2011 include:
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]