|Air date||October 18th, 2016|
|Writers|| Brian Sieve |
Eoghan O'Donnell 
|Producers||Matthew Signer; Keith Levine; Eoghan O'Donnell; Kat Landsberg; Bob Weinstein; Harvey Weinstein; Tony DiSanto; Liz Gateley; Wes Craven; Michael Gans; Richard Register; Marianne Maddalena; Cathy Konrad|
|Starring||Willa Fitzgerald; Bex Taylor-Klaus; John Karna; Amadeus Serafini; Carlson Young; Alexander Calvert; Santiago Segura; Alex Esola; Tracy Middendorf|
"When a Stranger Calls"
Guest Starring Edit
|Zena Grey||Gina McLane|
|Stevie Lynn Jones||Anna Hobbs|
|Tom Everett Scott||Kevin Duval|
|Melina Hadley||Hotel clerk|
|Alec Rayme||The Killer|
|Derek Roberts||Sheriff Carpenter|
|Rachel G. Whittle||Unknown|
|Mike Vaughn||The Voice|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Scream: The Series was developed for television by Jill Blotevogel, Dan Dworkin and Jay Beattie. It was created by Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson.
- This episode is rated TV-14.
- This episode has been made available on MTV.com.
- This episode had a special two-hour running time. It is not attached to any particular season of the show, but continues from subplots left over from season two.
- The events of this episode take place eight months after "When a Stranger Calls", placing the events of season two in March, 2016.
- This is the first episode of the series that primarily takes place outside of Lakewood.
- This is the first appearance of Gina McLane, who is Audrey Jensen's new girlfriend on the show. Like Audrey, Gina works at the Zenith Theater.
- This is the twenty-first and final appearance of Kieran Wilcox, who is murdered in this episode.
- This is the fifth actual appearance of Kevin Duval on the series. He appeared last in "Happy Birthday to Me".
- Kieran Wilcox is the fourth main character from Scream: The Series to be killed off. Prior to him, murder victims from the main cast included Will Belmont, Clark Hudson, and Zoe Vaughn.
- As the title of the episode implies, the events of this special take place on Halloween.
- The street address of the bungalow that the kids rent on the island is 45 Lampkin Lane. This is the same address as Michael Myers from the 1978 film Halloween.
- Sheriff Carpenter was likely named after director John Carpenter, who directed the 1978 film Halloween, from which this episode takes its title.
- The first two murder victims at Shallow Grove Island are named Sid and Billie. Though the genders are reversed, this may be a wink to the characters of Sidney Prescott and Billy Loomis from the Scream film series.
- It is implied that Kevin Duval may be the new Ghostface. Though this is unlikely, the episode presents the idea that he was the one behind Kieran Wilcox's murder.
Body Count Edit
- Guard - Neck twisted around by Ghostface.
- Kieran Wilcox - Throat slit and then stabbed in the back by Ghostface.
- Sid - Slashed with garden shears by the Anna Hobbs killer.
- Billie - Stabbed with garden shears by the Anna Hobbs killer.
- Jeremy Blair - Stabbed with garden shears by the Anna Hobbs killer.
- Sheriff Carpenter - Beheaded by the Anna Hobbs killer.
- Alex Whitten - Stabbed by Emma Duval in this episode.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.