|Samantha Drew Collins|
|Samantha Drew Collins|
|Location:||Collinwood, Collinsport, Maine|
|Known relatives:||Quentin Collins |
Tad Collins 
Gerard Stiles 
Randall Drew 
Roxanne Drew 
|1st appearance:||Episode 1110|
Samantha Drew Collins is a fictional housewife and a recurring character on the ABC daytime Gothic soap opera Dark Shadows. Played by actress Virginia Vestoff, she was introduced in episode 1110 in September, 1970. The character is associated with the "1840 Flashback" storyline.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Samantha Drew lived in the town of Collinsport, Maine in the early half of the 19th century. She was the younger sister of Randall Drew and the older sister of Roxanne Drew. In the late 1820s, Samantha married Quentin Collins and the two had a child together named Tad.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Charles Dawson called Samantha Drew in as a prosecution witness against Quentin at his witchcraft trial. She accused Daphne Harridge of conspiring with her husband to commune with the spirit of Joanna Mills. Judge Vail later ruled her testimony as irrelevant to the case. (DS 1166)
Samantha Drew fired Daphne Harridge, though Quentin asserted that she had no legal right to do so. She was confident that Gerard Stiles, who was the master of Collinwood during Quentin's incarceration would support her decision. (DS 1166)
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character of Samantha Drew Collins was created by director Lela Swift and writer Sam Hall based on concepts developed by series creator Dan Curtis and story developer Art Wallace.
- Along with Josette du Pres, Samantha Drew is one of the "widows" spoken of in the legend of Widows' Hill.
- Actress Virginia Vestoff also provided the opening narration for episode 1110, her first appearance on the series.
- Actress Virginia Vestoff succumbed to cancer in New York City, New York on May 2nd, 1982 at the age of 42. 
- Virginia Vestoff played Abigail Adams in the 1972 film musical 1776, which also starred Dark Shadows alumni David Ford.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Samantha Drew Collins made a total of thirty appearances on Dark Shadows.
Related categories[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Husband, divorced.
- 2nd husband, deceased.
- Brother, deceased.
- Sister; became a vampire and was later destroyed.
- IMDB; Virginia Vestoff; Biography.