|Location:||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|1st appearance:||"Turn! Turn! Turn!"|
Roman Zimojic is a fictional vampire and a supporting character on the HBO television series True Blood. Played by actor Christopher Meloni, he was introduced in the premiere episode of season five, "Turn! Turn! Turn!" and was a billed cast member throughout the first half of the season.
Roman Zimojic is a vampire elder and the leader of the Authority. After a controversial incident involving the vampires of Bon Temps, Louisiana against a coven of witches led by Marnie Stonebrook, Roman sent Nan Flanagan to deliver the True Death to the vampire King of Louisiana Bill Compton as well as the Sheriff of Section 5, Eric Northman. Nan failed in this endeavor and paid for it with her own life. (TB: And When I Die)
Roman sent a backup team of his elite soldiers (whom Northman often refers to as "gay stormtroopers") to capture Bill and Eric. They encased them in silver nets and were bringing them back to the Authority to face justice, but fortunately for the two rogue vampires, they managed to escape with the help of Eric's "sister" Nora Gainsborough. (TB: Turn! Turn! Turn!)
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Roman Zimojic was created by director Daniel Minahan and writer Brian Buckner based on concepts originally developed by showrunner Alan Ball and author Charlaine Harris.
- Actor Christopher Meloni is best known for playing the role of New York City police detective Elliot Stabler on the crime drama series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- TB: Turn! Turn! Turn! (Voice only)
- TB: Authority Always Wins (1st full appearance)
- TB: Whatever I Am, You Made Me
- TB: We'll Meet Again
- TB: Let's Boot and Rally
- TB: Hopeless (Death)
- TB: In the Beginning (Recap from previous ep.)
See also Edit
External Links Edit
This article relates to characters pertaining to the True Blood franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood characters category.