|Location:||Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania|
|Known relatives:||Olivia Godfrey|
|1st appearance:||"Jellyfish in the Sky"|
Roman Godfrey is a fictional vampire and one of the main characters featured on the Netflix streaming video series Hemlock Grove. Played by actor Bill Skarsgård, he was introduced in the pilot episode of the series, "Jellyfish in the Sky".
Roman Godfrey is the privileged teenage son of Olivia Godfrey and JR Godfrey. Growing up in the steel town of Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania, Roman was largely looked upon as socially awkward and disliked, which is owed largely to his family's effects upon the livelihoods of people in the town. As a high school student, Roman was unaware that he was an Upir - a mythological creature from Eastern European folklore. Roman befriended Peter Rumancek who, like him was also considered a social pariah. Roman learned early only that in addition to being a Gypsy, Peter was also a werewolf.
Notes & Trivia
- The character of Roman Godfrey was created by director Eli Roth and writer Lee Shipman based on concepts originally developed by author Brian McGreevy.
- Actor Bill Skarsgård is the younger brother of Alexander Skarsgård, who is also known for playing a vampire character. Alex played Eric Northman on the HBO series True Blood.
- Olivia Godfrey - Mother; presumably deceased
- JR Godfrey - Father; definitely deceased
- Shelley Godfrey - Sister
- Norman Godfrey - Uncle; grandfather of child
- Marie Godfrey - Aunt; grandmother of child
- Letha Godfrey - Cousin; mother of child
- Juliet Godfrey - Sister; deceased
- Magdalena - Half-sister
- Baby Godfrey - Unnamed daughter