|Franchise:||A Nightmare on Elm Street|
|Location:||Westin Psychiatric Hospital, Springwood, Ohio|
|1st appearance:||A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)|
|Final:||A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)|
Roland Kincaid is a fictional mental patient and murder victim and a supporting character in the A Nightmare on Elm Street film series. Played by actor Ken Sagoes, he appeared in the third installment in the series, A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. The character also made an appearance in the first act of the film's sequel, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master in 1988.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Biography[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character of Roland Kincaid was created by director Chuck Russell and screenwriters Wes Craven, Bruce Wagner, and Frank Darabont.
- Archetype: A-Hole.
- Trademark: Excessive profanity.
- Dream power: Superhuman strength. He was at least strong enough to burst through solid walls and twist up a metal chair as if it were a pretzel.
- Roland Kincaid is one of three Dream Warriors to survive at the conclusion of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. The other two are Joey Crusel and Kristen Parker.
- Playing the role of Roland Kincaid is actor Ken Sagoes' third feature film role and his first work in the horror genre.
- Roland Kincaid was one of the first main African-American characters to survive throughout the entire film. He would be followed by Yvonne Miller from A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child and Doc from Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Keywords[edit | edit source]
A-Hole; Characters who are stabbed to death; Dogs; Elm Street; Freddy Krueger; Freddy Krueger victims; Last of the Elm Street children; Mental health facility; Mental patient; Ohio; Springwood; Superhuman strength; Westin Hills Psychiatric Hospital
This article relates to characters pertaining to the A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the A Nightmare on Elm Street characters category.