|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Resident Evil: Retribution|
|Title:||Resident Evil: Retribution|
|Directed by:||Paul W.S. Anderson|
|Written by:||Paul W.S. Anderson|
|Produced by:||Paul W.S. Anderson; Jeremy Bolt; Don Carmody; Alexander Dostal; Samuel Hadida; Martin Moszkowicz; Bernhard Thur|
|Edited by:||Niven Howie|
|Distributed by:||Constantin Film International|
Sony Pictures Entertainment
|Released:||September 14th, 2012|
|Running time:||96 min.|
|Gross:||$42,345,531 (US) |
$240,159,255 (Worldwide) 
|Previous:||Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)|
|Next:||Resident Evil: The Final Chapter|
Resident Evil: Retribution is an American feature film blending elements of the horror genre with action and science fiction. It is the fifth installment in the Resident Evil live-action film series, which is based on the popular video game franchise by Capcom. The movie was written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. The film was produced by Constantin Film International, Davis-Films and Impact Pictures and released through Screen Gems - a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment. The movie premiered in the United States in 3-D and IMAX 3-D on September 14th, 2012.
Resident Evil: Retribution combines characters and settings from previous films, as well as many familiar elements from the video game series. Actress Milla Jovovich reprises the role of Alice with Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine, Michelle Rodriguez as the formerly-deceased Rain Ocampo (whaaaaat?), as well as Aryana Engineer as Becky, Binbing Li as Ada Wong, Boris Kodjoe as Luther West, Johann Urb as Leon S. Kennedy and Kevin Durand as Barry Burton.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main cast[edit | edit source]
|Milla Jovovich||Alice Abernathy|
|Sienna Guillory||Jill Valentine|
|Michelle Rodriguez||Rain Ocampo|
|Binbing Li||Ada Wong|
|Boris Kodjoe||Luther West|
|Johann Urb||Leon S. Kennedy|
|Kevin Durand||Barry Burton|
|Oded Fehr||Carlos Olivera|
|Colin Salmon||James Shade|
|Shawn Roberts||Albert Wesker|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
|Toshio Oki||Japanese policeman|
|Takato Yamashita||Japanese businessman|
|Mika Nakashima||J Pop girl|
|Megan Charpentier||The Red Queen|
|Ave Merson-O'Brian||The Red Queen (voice)|
|Raymond Olubawale||The Axe Men|
|Kevin Shand||The Axe Men|
Uncredited cast[edit | edit source]
Note: The following is taken from the full credits list for this entry on IMDB. As it is a website with user-submitted information, some of the data listed here, including character names may be inaccurate.
|Vaja Alani||Umbrella Corporation voice|
|Sally Cahill||Ada Wong (voice)|
|Amanda Dyar||Umbrella Corporation zombie|
|Chris Sullins||Window zombie|
Archival footage[edit | edit source]
|Razaaq Adoti||Sergeant Payton Wells|
|Martin Crewes||Chad Kaplan|
|Iain Glen||Doctor Isaacs|
|Sandrine Holt||Terri Morales|
|Thomas Kretschmann||Major Tom Cain|
|Ali Larter||Claire Redfield|
|Eric Mabius||Matt Addison|
|Wentworth Miller||Chris Redfield|
|James Purefoy||Spence Parks|
|Norman Yeung||Kim Yong|
|Anna Bolt||Doctor Green|
|Indra Ové||Ella Fontaine|
|Joseph May||Mariano Rodriguez|
|Heike Makatsch||Lisa Addison|
|Liz May Brice||Olga Danilova|
|Pasquale Aleardi||J.D. Salinas|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Resident Evil: Retribution (2012) redirects to this page.
- Production on Resident Evil: Retribution began on October 10th, 2011. Principal filming concluded on December 23rd, 2011. The film had a fifty-five day photo-shoot. 
- The movie was filmed at Cinespace Film Studios in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Location shoots also include scenes filmed in Moscow, Russia and Times Square in Manhattan, New York City, New York. 
- Taglines for this film include "Evil goes global" and "The ultimate battle begins".
- At its widest release, Resident Evil: Retribution was screened in 3,016 theaters. 
- Resident Evil: Retribution closed out of theaters on November 11th, 2012. It was in release for a total of 8.4 weeks (59 days). 
- Resident Evil: Retribution was released on DVD in Region 1 format (with Ultraviolet copy) by Sony Pictures Entertainment on December 21st, 2012.  The film is also included on the Resident Evil Collection Blu-ray boxset, which was also released on December 21st. 
- The movie has a 31% "Rotten" rating on the movie review aggregate web site Rotten Tomatoes. However, it maintains a 52% audience score amongst viewers who liked it. 
- Resident Evil: Retribution has a score of 39 on the movie review aggregate web site Metacritic, with a user score of 4.9 based on 348 ratings. 
- This film includes flashback scenes from the first Resident Evil, with many of the original cast members appearing in archival footage.
- Actor Kevin Shand is credited as Kevin Shad in this film. He plays one of the Axe Men.
- Actor Raymond Olubawale is credited as Ray Olubawale in this film. He plays one of the Axe Men.
Recommendations[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- IMDB; Resident Evil: Retribution (2012); Box office & business.
- Box Office Mojo; Resident Evil: Retribution
- IMDB; Resident Evil: Retribution (2012); Filming locations.
- Amazon.com; Resident Evil: Retribution (2012); DVD.
- Amazon.com; Resident Evil Collection; Blu-ray
- Rotten Tomatoes; Resident Evil: Retribution (2012); Overview.
- Metacritic.com; Resident Evil: Retribution (2012); Overview.
This article relates to the films within the Resident Evil franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Resident Evil Films category.