|Directed by:||Jaume Collet-Serra|
|Written by:||David Leslie Johnson; Alex Mace|
|Produced by:||Don Carmody; Michael Ireland; Steve Richards; Joel Silver|
|Music by:||John Ottman|
|Edited by:||Tim Alverson|
|Distributed by:||Dark Castle Entertainment|
|Released:||July 24th, 2009|
|Running time:||123 min.|
|CCH Pounder||Sister Abigail|
|Margo Martindale||Doctor Browning|
|Karel Roden||Doctor Varava|
|Rosemary Dunsmore||Grandma Barbara|
|Genelle Williams||Sister Judith|
|Mustafa Abdelkarim||Daniel's friend|
|Landon Norris||Daniel's friend|
|Julien Elia||Hospital receptionist|
|Leni Parker||Delivery room nurse|
|Gemma James Smith||Teacher|
|Pia Ajango||Saarne Institute receptionist|
|Matthew Raudsepp||Saarne Institute orderly|
|Sugith Varighese||ICU doctor|
|Luis Olivia||ICU nurse|
|Ferelith Young||Waiting room nurse|
|Andrew Shaver||Injection doctor|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Copyright holder: © 2009, Dark Castle Holdings, LLC all rights reserved.
- Principal filming on Orphan began on December 3rd, 2007 and concluded on March 7th, 2008. Reshoots on the movie commenced on February 13th, 2009 and concluded on February 20th, 2009.
- Orphan was filmed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada as well as Port Hope, Centennial College and the Jamie Bell Adventure Playground in High Park.
- This is the second horror film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and his third film in total. He previously directed the remake of House of Wax in 2005.
- This is the first film work for screenwriter David Leslie Johnson (not to be confused with cinematographer David Johnson). He will go on to write two episodes of season two of AMC's The Walking Dead.
- This is the first film work for writer Alex Mace. Alex also works as a co-producer on the 2011 film Red Riding Hood.
- First horror film role for actress Vera Farmiga. She will go on to star in the A&E television series Bates Motel and the 2013 film The Conjuring.
- Actress CCH Pounder also played the role of radio personality Fran Ambrose in the 1990 television movie sequel Psycho IV: The Beginning.
- One of the toys seen in Daniel's room is from the 2001 computer animated movie Shrek.
There's something wrong with Esther.
Can you keep a secret?
You'll never guess her secret
The year in film Edit
Other films that were released in 2009 include:
See also Edit
External Links Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.