|"Scareful What You Wish For"|
|Air date||August 31st, 2001|
|Producers||R.L. Stine; Paul Bernbaum; Chris Castallo; Billy Crawford; Joe Davola; Dan Kaplow; Brian Robbins; Jane Stine; Mike Tollin; Joan Waricha; Shelley Zimmerman|
|Starring||Shia LaBeouf; Marcus T. Paulk; Tania Raymonde; Betsy Randle; Dylan Sprouse; Cole Sprouse; James Tumminia; Brian Jacobs; Dakota Floeter|
"Don't Forget Me"
"Scareful What You Wish For" is the second episode of the children's horror series The Nightmare Room. It was directed by Anson Williams with a script written by Naomi Janzen. It first aired on the Kids' WB on Saturday, August 31st, 2011.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Shia LaBeouf as Dylan Pierce
- Marcus T. Paulk as Ryan
- Tania Raymonde as Beth
- Betsy Randle as Mrs. Pierce
- Dylan Sprouse as Buddy
- Cole Sprouse as Buddy
- James Tumminia as Mister Wyse
- Brian Jacobs as Magician
- Dakota Floeter as Young Dylan
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is rated TV-Y7. In other words: It ain't scary at'all.
- This episode is production code number 008.
- This episode is included on The Nightmare Room: Scareful What You Wish For DVD collection, along with three other episodes from the series.
- Director Anson Williams is also known for playing the role of affable buddy Potsie Webber on the 1970s sitcom series Happy Days.
- This is the first episode of The Nightmare Room written by Naomi Janzen. Her next episode is "Full Moon Halloween".
- This is the first horror genre work for actress Tania Raymonde. She will go on to play Alex Rousseau on episodes of the ABC series Lost and a woman named Nikki in Texas Chainsaw 3D in 2013.
- The character of Dylan Pierce is 14-years-old. Actor Shia LaBeouf was 15-years-old when he filmed this episode.
- This is one of two episodes of the series that is not an adaptation of an R.L. Stine story. The other is "School Spirit".
- The name of Dylan Pierce's doll is Buddy.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- The title of this episode is a pun. It is a play on the phrase, "Careful what you wish for".
- The talking Buddy doll says the line, "Hi I'm Buddy. I'm your best friend forever. Will you play with me?" This is similar to a more well known line of dialogue eschewed by the Chucky Good Guy doll from the 1988 film Child's Play. In the film, Chucky says, "Hi, I'm Chucky! Wanna play?", as well as, "I'll be your friend to the end. Hidey-hidey-ho!"
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Buddy: Hi I'm Buddy. I'm your best friend forever. Will you play with me?
See also[edit | edit source]
- The Nightmare Room
- |The Nightmare Room images
- |The Nightmare Room episodes
- |The Nightmare Room cast & crew
- The Nightmare Room miscellaneous
External Links[edit | edit source]
|The Nightmare Room.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.