- "That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!"
- ―Ash Williams
|Country:||United States of America|
|Points of interest:||Ann Arbor; Brookfield Heights; Detroit; Elk Grove|
Michigan is a Midwestern state of the United States of America. It is the eighth most populous state in the United States. It has the longest freshwater shoreline of any political subdivision in the world, being bounded by four of the five Great Lakes, plus Lake Saint Clair.
The setting for the 1940 science fiction/comedy film, The Invisible Woman is the state of Michigan. This is indicated on one of the classified ads seen in a newspaper right below Professor Gibbs' ad for volunteers for his invisibility experiment.
Michigan became an important setting in the CW Network television series Supernatural. In the season five finale, protagonist Sam Winchester was forced to accept an offer to become the living vessel for the Devil, thus setting the stage for the Apocalypse. 
The short-lived Spike TV series Blade: The Series, which was a spin-off of the Blade film series, itself an adaptation of the Marvel Comics character, was set in modern-day Detroit. One of the series staff writers and consulting producers, Geoff Johns, was born in Detroit on January 25th, 1973.
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
- Brookfield Heights
- Brookfield Heights was a suburban neighborhood located in an unidentified city in the state of Michigan. It was the site of a string gruesome murders that took place following the election of Donald J. Trump as President of the United States. Brookfield Heights was the home of Ally and Ivy Mayfair-Richards, a lesbian married couple who co-owned a restaurant called Butchery on Main. Another resident, Kai Anderson, took advantage of political unrest to drum up hysteria and tension as part of his own personal rise to power. As part of his mission, he pulled together numerous loyal followers who dressed up as malicious clowns and committed random acts of murder.
- Detroit is the largest city in the U.S. state of Michigan and the seat of Wayne County. Detroit is a major port city on the Detroit River, in the Midwest region of the United States. Located north of Windsor, Ontario, Detroit is the only major U.S. city that looks south to Canada.
- Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids is located on the Grand River and is approximately 30 miles from Lake Michigan. It is the county seat of Kent County, Michigan, second largest city in the state (after Detroit), and the largest city in West Michigan
- Royal Oak
- Royal Oak is a city in Oakland County of the U.S. state of Michigan. It is a suburb of Detroit. Birth place of Sam, Ivan and Ted Raimi.
Films that take place in Michigan[edit | edit source]
- Army of Darkness (partially)
- Crow, The
- Detention of the Dead
- Don't Breathe
- Evil Dead, The (partially)
- Invisible Woman, The (1940)
TV shows that take place in Michigan[edit | edit source]
Comics that take place in Michigan[edit | edit source]
- Vampblade 1
- Vampblade 2
- Vampblade 3
- Vampblade 4
- Vampblade 5
- Vampblade 6
- Vampblade 11
- Vampblade '98 1
- Vampblade Special 1
- Zombie Tramp Vol 3 8
- Zombie Tramp Vol 3 9
- Zombie Tramp Vol 3 10
- Zombie Tramp Vol 3 11
Residents of Michigan[edit | edit source]
People who were born in Michigan[edit | edit source]
People who died in Michigan[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Evil Dead was filmed on location in Michigan. Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn was partially filmed in Detroit.
- In Scream 4, shots of Woodsboro were filmed in Northville, Plymouth, Ann Arbor and Detroit, Michigan. 
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|American Horror Story television series.|