|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Air date||November 18th, 2005|
|Writers||Steven Weber; Bruce Jones|
|Producers||Keith Addis; Morris Berger; Stephen R. Brown; Andrew Deane; Ben Browning; Adam Goldworm|
|Starring||Steven Weber; Carrie Anne Fleming|
"Dance of the Dead"
"Jenifer" is the fourth episode of season one of the horror anthology series Masters of Horror. The episode was directed by famed Italian genre director Dario Argento and written by actor Steven Weber. The episode is based on a 1974 comic story that appeared in Creepy #63, written by Bruce Jones with black and white illustrations by Bernie Wrightson. The episode premiered on the Showtime network on Friday, November 18th, 2005. The premise of the episode revolves around police officer Frank Spivey, who saves a disfigured young woman named Jenifer from being brutally murdered by a butcher-knife wielding maniac. Frank takes poor Jenifer under his care, but soon develops an intense sexual relationship with the woman. Before long, Frank discovers that there is more to Jenifer than meets the eye.
|Steven Weber||Frank Spivey|
|Carrie Anne Fleming||Jenifer|
|Beau Starr||Chief Charlie|
|Kevin Crofton||Homeless man|
|Julia Arkos||Ann Wilkerson|
|Matt Garlick||Institute guard|
|Mark Acheson||Side show owner|
|Jeff Ballard||Young Jack|
|Brad Mooney||Friend #1|
|Riley Ruckman||Friend #2|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is included in the Masters of Horror Season One DVD boxset collection. It is also included on Volume 1 of the Masters of Horror: The Complete First Season Blu-ray boxset collection. Was released as a stand-alone DVD by Starz Entertainment and Anchor Bay Entertainment on August 15th, 2006. Special features on the DVD include audio commentary by actor/writer Steven Weber and DVD producer Perry Martin; an interview with director Dario Argento entitled "So Hideous My Love"; Two "making of" featurettes showing the making of the episode and the processes used to create Carrie Anne Fleming's makeup as well as on-set interviews with both Steven Weber and Carrie Anne Fleming.
- Director Dario Argento is known for directing many cult-classic films such as Deep Red, Suspiria, Tenebre and the 1998 remake of The Phantom of the Opera. Argento also co-directed the Masters of Horror episode "Pelts".
- Actor Steven Weber is probably best known for playing Brian Michael Hackett on the sitcom Wings. He also played the role of "family man" Jack Torrence in the 1997 television mini-series The Shining.
- Carrie Anne Fleming, who plays Jenifer also appeared in two episodes of Supernatural. She played a dying nurse in "In My Time of Dying" and a character named Karen Singer in "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid".
See also Edit
- Masters of Horror
- Masters of Horror episodes
- Masters of Horror cast & crew
- Masters of Horror miscellaneous
External Links Edit
|Masters of Horror. |
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Masters of Horror episodes category.