|Directed by:||George P. Cosmatos|
|Written by:||David Webb Peoples|
|Produced by:||Aurelio De Laurentiis; Luigi De Laurentiis; Charles Gordon; Lawrence Gordon|
|Music by:||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Edited by:||John F. Burnett; Roberto Silvi|
|Released:||March 17th, 1989|
|Running time:||98 min.|
Leviathan is an American feature film of the science fiction and horror genres. It was directed by George P. Cosmatos with a screenplay written by Jeb Stuart based on a story treatment by co-writer David Webb Peoples. It was produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and released theatrically in the United States on March 17th, 1989. The film boasts a cast of certain sci-fi notables including RoboCop 's Peter Weller in the lead role of Steven Beck, Richard Crenna as Doctor Glen "Doc" Thompson, Amanda Pays as Elizabeth "Willie" Williams, Daniel Stern as Buzz "Sixpack" Parrish, Ernie Hudson as Justin Jones and Hector Elizondo as G.P. Cobb.
Cast[edit | edit source]
|Peter Weller||Steven Beck|
|Richard Crenna||Doctor Glen "Doc" Thompson|
|Amanda Pays||Elizabeth "Willie" Williams|
|Daniel Stern||Buzz "Sixpack" Parrish|
|Ernie Hudson||Justin Jones|
|Michael Carmine||Tony "DeJesus" Rodero|
|Lisa Eilbacher||Bridget Bowman|
|Hector Elizondo||C.P. Cobb|
|Meg Foster||Ms. Martin|
|Eugene Lipinski||Russian ship captain|
|Larry Dolgin||Helicopter pilot|
|Pascal Druant||Winch operator|
|Steve Pelot||Winch operator|
|Tom Woodruff, Jr.||Lead creature|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tagline for this film is, "Welcome to your worst nightmare, welcome to Leviathan".
- Parts of this film were shot in the Gulf of Mexico and the Adriatic Sea. Studio shots were filmed in Rome, Italy and Malta.
- Screenplay writer David Webb Peoples is credited as David Peoples in this film.
- Actor Eugene Lipinski is credited as Eugene Lipinsky in this film.
- Tom Woodruff, Jr. is uncredited in this film for his performance as the lead creature.
- Actors Ernie Hudson and Lisa Eilbacher have both appeared in episodes of Man from Atlantis.
- Actress Amanda Pays is also known for playing the role of scientist Tina McGee in the 1990 The Flash television series.
- Actor Eugene Lipinski is also known for playing Russian mobster Alexi Leonov on episodes of the CW Network television series Arrow.
- This is George P. Cosmatos' eighth film as a director. It is his first work in the science fiction genre.
- This is Jeb Stuart's second film as a screenplay writer. It is his first work in the science fiction genre.
- This is David Webb Peoples' third film as a screenplay writer. It is his second film in the science fiction genre. Peoples also wrote the screenplay for Blade Runner in 1982.
- This is Alex Thomson's first work in the science fiction genre as a director of photography.
Recommendations[edit | edit source]
1980s horror films
The year in film[edit source]
Other films that were released in 1989 include:
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- IMDB; Leviathan (1989); Box office & Business.