|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Directed by:||Andy Muschietti|
|Written by:||Cary Fukunaga; Chase Palmer; Gary Dauberman|
|Produced by:||Richard Brener; Doug Davison; Toby Emmerich; Marty P. Ewing; Seth Grahame-Smith; Walter Hamada; David Katzenberg; Niija Kuykendall; Roy Lee; Dan Lin; Barbara Muschietti; Dave Neustadter; Jon Silk|
|Music by:||Benjamin Wallfisch|
|Edited by:||Jason Ballantine|
|Distributed by:||New Line Cinema|
|Released:||September 8th, 2017|
|Running time:||135 min.|
|Next:||It: Chapter Two|
IT is an American feature film of the horror genre. It is based on the 1986 novel IT by famed horror author Stephen King. The movie was directed by Andy Muschietti with a screenplay written by Cary Fukunaga, Chase Palmer, and Gary Dauberman. It was produced by RatPac-Dune Entertainment and New Line Cinema and premiered theatrically in the United States on September 8th, 2017.
|Jaeden Lieberher||Bill Denbrough|
|Jeremy Ray Taylor||Ben Hanscom|
|Sophia Lillis||Beverly Marsh|
|Finn Wolfhard||Richie Tozier|
|Chosen Jacobs||Mike Hanlon|
|Jack Dylan Grazer||Eddie Kaspbrak|
|Wyatt Oleff||Stanley Uris|
|Nicholas Hamilton||Henry Bowers|
|Jake Sim||Belch Huggins|
|Logan Thompson||Victor Criss|
|Owen Teague||Patrick Hockstetter|
|Jackson Robert Scott||Georgie Denbrough|
|Stephen Bogaert||Alvin Marsh|
|Stuart Hughes||Officer Bowers|
|Geoffrey Pounsett||Zach Denbrough|
|Pip Dwyer||Sharon Denbrough|
|Mollie Jane Atkinson||Sonia Kasprak|
|Steven Williams||Leroy Hanlon|
|Elizabeth Saunders||Mrs. Starret|
|Joe Bostick||Mister Keene|
|Ari Cohen||Rabbi Uris|
|Anthony Ulc||Joe the butcher|
|Katie Lunman||Betty Ripsom|
|Carter Musselman||Headless boy|
|Matha Gibson||Old woman|
|Kasie Rayner||Field hockey girl #1|
|Isabelle Nélisse||Girl in bathroom|
|Jocelyn Mattka||Another girl|
|Don Tripe||Old man in car|
|Liz Gordon||Old woman in car|
|Paige Rosamond||Dead girl #1|
|Neil Crone||Chief Borton|
|Sonia Gascón||Mrs. Ripsom|
|Janet Porter||Stanley's mother|
|Memo Díaz Capt||4th of July clown|
|Chantal Vachon||Girl in magazine|
|Roberto Campanella||Organ player clown|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- IT: Chapter One is based in part on the novel IT by author Stephen King. The book was originally published in hardcover edition by Viking Press on September 15th, 1986.
- The tagline to this film is "You'll float too". This is a line of dialogue spoken by Pennywise to Georgie Denbrough right before he kills him.
- It was filmed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Select scenes were shot in Port Hope, Elora, Pickering, and Oshawa. Studio shots were filmed at Pinewood Studios in Toronto.
- It was released on Region A/1 Blu-ray by Warner Home Video on January 9th, 2018. This copy includes a DVD edition and a digital download code. The film's running time on the Blu-ray is 120 minutes long. Special features include the "Pennywise Lives!" featurette, with an interview with Bill Skarsgard, a spotlight on "The Losers' Club", showing behind-the-scenes antics of the actors, an "Author of Fear" featurette with novelist Stephen King as well as deleted scenes.
- This film focuses on the childhood sequences from the novel, while not addressing the future storylines chronicling their follow-up encounter with Pennywise as adults as shown in the novel. In the movie, the story takes place in the year 1989. In the novel, the childhood scenes took place in the 1950s.
- At its widest release, It was screened in 4,148 movie theaters. It had been in release a total of fourteen weeks (98 days).
- It had a total domestic gross of $327,481,748 in the United States. It had a worldwide gross of $700,381,748. It grossed $123,403,419 over its opening weekend.
- This is Andy Muschietti's second American film as a director. It is also his second horror film. He previously directed the 2013 supernatural thriller Mama.
- Actor Finn Wolfhard is also known for playing the role of Mike Wheeler on the Netflix original series Stranger Things. The show is largely inspired by the works of Stephen King.
Stephen King film adaptations
See also Edit
External Links Edit
1980s | 1989 | Bicycle | Boat | Bully | Cats | Child | Clown | Curse | Eye injuries | Flashbacks | Hallucination | Head injuries | Hypnosis | Impalement | Knife | Levitation | Maine | Mutilation | Obscene finger gesture | Pharmacist | Pigs | Racism | Ritualism | Self mutilation | Severed hand | Severed head | Severed limbs | Shape-shifters | Shot in the head | Smoking | Stabbings | Transformation