|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Directed by:||Paul Verhoeven|
|Written by:||Gary Scott Thompson; Andrew W. Marlowe|
|Produced by:||Stacy Lumbrezer; Alan Marshall; Marion Rosenberg; Kenneth J. Silverstein; Douglas Wick|
|Music by:||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Edited by:||Mark Goldblatt; Ron Vignone; Ian Slater|
|Distributed by:||Columbia Pictures Corporation|
|Released:||August 4th, 2000|
|Running time:||112 min.|
|Next:||Hollow Man II (2006)|
Hollow Man is an American/German science fiction horror film and psychological thriller. It was directed by Dutch film director Paul Verhoeven and written by Gary Scott Thompson and Andrew W. Marlowe. It was produced by Columbia Pictures and released theatrically in the United States on August 4th, 2000. The movie stars Kevin Bacon as egotistical scientist Sebastian Caine, who develops a process by which to turn himself invisible. Gifted with this newfound liberation, Caine takes every opportunity to experience life without consequence, but the process has a deadly side-effect and he devolves into a rampaging killer.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Copyright holder: © 2000, Global Entertainment Productions GmbH & Co. Movie KG.
- Hollow Man is loosely based on The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells, which was first adpated into film by director James Whale in 1933.
- The tagline to this film is "Think you're alone? Think again".
- Production on Hollow Man began on April 26th, 1999. Principal photography concluded on June 25th, 1999. The film was shot at Sony Pictures Studios in Los Angeles, California. Some scenes were shot on location in Washington, D.C.
- Released in Germany under the title Unsichtbare Gefahr .
- The theatrical release of Hollow Man had a running time of 112 minutes. The Director's Cut had a running time of 119 minutes. The additional seven minutes includes a prolonged rape scene, as well as various extended scenes. The extended scenes were edited by Ron Vignone.
- Hollow Man was featured in "HBO First Look: Hollow Man - Anatomy of a Thriller" in 2000.
- Hollow Man was first released on DVD on January 2nd, 2001 by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. It was released on Blu-ray on October 16th, 2009 by Sony.
- The main setting for this film is Washington, D.C., in the District of Columbia.
The year in film[edit source]
Other films that were released in 2000 include:
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]