|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
- "Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!"
|Directed by:||Tony Randel|
|Written by:||Peter Atkins|
|Produced by:||Clive Barker; Christopher Webster; Christopher Figg|
|Music by:||Christopher Young|
|Edited by:||Richard Marden; Tony Randel|
|Distributed by:||New World Pictures; Anchor Bay Entertainment; Starz Entertainment|
|Released:||December 23rd, 1988|
|Running time:||97 min.|
Hellbound: Hellraiser II is a British & American co-produced independent horror film of the demonic fiction and body horror subgenres. It is the second film in the Hellraiser film series, and the second of four films from the original series released theatrically. The movie was directed by Tony Randel with a screenplay written by Peter Atkins. It was produced by New World Pictures and was first screened at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9th, 1988. It premiered theatrically in the United States on December 23rd, 1988. The movie stars Ashley Laurence, reprising the role of Kirsty Cotton from the first film, who once again finds herself at the mercy of the demonic Cenobites, while attempting to save the life of a young mute girl named Tiffany. Other returning cast members from the first film include Clare Higgins as Julia Cotton, Sean Chapman as Frank Cotton, and Doug Bradley as the Lead Cenobite.
Credited cast Edit
|Clare Higgins||Julia Cotton|
|Ashley Laurence||Kirsty Cotton|
|Kenneth Cranham||Doctor Philip Chanard|
|Sean Chapman||Frank Cotton|
|William Hope||Kyle MacRae|
|Barbie Wilde||Female Cenobite|
|Simon Bamford||Butterball Cenobite|
|Nicholas Vince||Chatterer Cenobite|
|Oliver Smith||Browning; Skinless Frank|
|Angus McInnes||Detective Ronson|
|Deborah Joel||Skinless Julia|
|James Tillitt||Officer Cortez|
|Bradley Lavelle||Officer Kucich|
|Edwin Craig||Wheelchair patient|
|Ron Travis||Workman #1|
|Oliver Parker||Workman #2|
|Catherine Chevalier||Tiffany's mother|
Archival footage Edit
|Andrew Robinson||Larry Cotton|
|Michael Cassidy||3rd victim|
|Anthony Allen||1st victim|
|Grace Kirby||Female Cenobite|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Officially, the title of the film is actually Hellbound: Hellraiser II.
- Hellraiser II, Hellraiser II: Hellbound (1988), Hellbound: Hellraiser II, and Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988) all redirect to this page.
- The tagline for this film is, "It will tear your soul apart... again."
- Like in the previous film, the setting for this movie is left ambiguous.
- Kirsty Cotton makes a brief appearance on a video monitor in Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth. Her next full appearance is in Hellraiser: Hellseeker.
- In this film the Female Cenobite is played by Barbie Wilde. In Hellraiser, she was played by Grace Kirby. Archive footage of Kirby's Cenobite is shown in flashback sequences in this film.
- Simon Bamford, who plays the Butterball Cenobite, also played Ohnaka in Clive Barker's Nightbreed. Ohnaka was the thin Night Breed member with the dog that first encountered Aaron Boone outside of Midian.
- Hellbound: Hellraiser II premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 9th, 1988. It was released theatrically in the United States on December 23rd and was released in the UK on June 16th, 1989.
- The standard US edition of the film was released on home video in VHS and Betamax formats on September 10th, 1997. The widescreen reissue edition was released on video on July 10th, 2001.
- The film was first released on DVD in Region 1 format by Starz Productions and Anchor Bay Entertainment on July 24th, 2001. The 20th Anniversary Edition was released to DVD on December 30th, 2008.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
Carnival | Cenobites | Chains | Clown | Decapitation | Demons | Dismemberment | Evisceration | Eye injury | Female rear nudity | Female topless nudity | Flaying | Hammer | Hand through head | Handgun | Head injuries | Heart ripped out | Hell | Hospital | Impalement | Knife | Lead Cenobite | Lemarchand puzzle box | Maggots | Mental health facilities | Mutilation | Pistol | Power drill | Power tools | Profanity | Self mutilation | Severed face | Severed hand | Severed head | Severed limb | Skeleton | Slit throat | Smoking | Stabbings | Throat injury | Torture | Wheelchair
This article relates to the films within the Hellraiser franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Hellraiser films category.