A helicopter is a type of small aircraft that uses rotor technology for thrust and lift. They are capable of vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) and have the ability to hover in a stationary position. A standard helicopter has a single pilot and can accommodate up to three passengers. Helicopters are often used by law enforcement agencies, including state and city police departments as well as government agencies such as the FBI as well as emergency services units like medical personnel and fire departments. Media outlets will use helicopters for the purposes of filming potential news stories and monitoring traffic. The armed forces employ model of larger, more advanced helicopters armed with weaponry designed for combat.
In film Edit
- 30 Days of Night: Wilson Bulosan was a helicopter pilot and the only such individual with a helicopter in the town of Barrow, Alaska. Wilson found that somebody had sabotaged his helicopter, tearing out the throttle and disposing it inside of a utility grinder. The perpetrator was a human stranger who had performed several deeds designed to keep people contained in the town so they could become prey for the stranger's vampire masters. 
In television Edit
In comics Edit
- 30 Days of Night Vol 2 - Several years after the initial massacre in Barrow, Alaska, another horde of vampires used a helicopter in order to leave Barrow. 
- Walking Dead 27 - Team Rick discovers a downed helicopter.
- Zombie Tramp Vol 3 3 - The King abducts Zombie Tramp and flies her out to the desert.
- Zombie Tramp Vol 3 4 - Zombie Tramp and the King have a sword fight using helicopter rotor blades.