- "It was not until after her death that they found the bodies. One hundred and seven of them. Would you like some more tea?"
- ―Mrs. Henska
|Air date||November 8th, 1980|
|Writers||Bernie Cooper; Francis Megahy|
|Producers||Brian Lawrence; David Reid; Roy Skeggs|
|Starring||Anthony Valentine; Suzanne Danielle; Siân Phillips; Barry Stanton; Jonathan Kent|
"Children of the Full Moon"
"Guardian of the Abyss"
"Carpathian Eagle" is the ninth episode of the British television series, Hammer House of Horror. It was directed by Francis Megahy with a script written by Megahy and Bernie Cooper. It first aired on ITV1 on Saturday, November 8th, 1980. In this episode, a detective inspector named Clifford investigates a series of murders in which the victims have their hearts ripped out. This leads him to a woman named Natalie Bell, who is believed to be a Countess of the Carpathians. Clifford gets romantically involved with Natalie, but must wrestle with the notion that she may in fact be the killer.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
|Anthony Valentine||Detective Inspector Clifford|
|Suzanne Danielle||Natalie Bell|
|Siân Phillips||Mrs. Henska|
|Barry Stanton||Sergeant Tony|
|Jonathan Kent||Tadek Kuchinski|
|Ellis Dale||Police doctor|
|Gary Waldhorn||Doctor Bacharach|
|Morgan Sheppard||Hospital gardener|
|Barry Stokes||1st victim|
|Pierce Brosnan||Last victim|
|Diana Adderley||Police woman|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the second and final episode of Hammer House of Horror directed by Francis Megahy. He also directed episode 1x04, "Growing Pains".
- This is the second and final episode of Hammer House of Horror co-written by Bernie Cooper. He also worked on episode 1x06, "Charlie Boy".
- This is the second and final episode of Hammer House of Horror co-written by Francis Megahy. He also worked on episode 1x06, "Charlie Boy".
- Scenes from this episode were filmed in Old Amersham, notably High Street, and a church of Great Missenden in Buckinghamshire, England.
- This episode features a young Pierce Brosnan as the final victim of Natalie Bell. This is Pierce's second television appearance.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- The Carpathians is a mountain range that runs through Western Europe, mostly parts of Romania. In fiction, the Carpathian Mountains became famous in the 1931 horror film Dracula. This was where the Borgo Pass is located, which is featured in the first scene in the movie.
- Thematically, this episode is similar to the 1992 thriller Basic Instinct starring Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone. In the film, Douglas is a detective investigating a crime novelist named Catherine Trammell, who has unique insight into a series of murders. The two begin a sordid love affair, but Douglas' character suspects that Catherine may also be the killer.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Hammer Horror images
- Hammer Horror characters
- Hammer Film Productions
- Hammer Horror cast & crew
- Hammer House of Horror episodes
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Hammer House of Horror. |
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Hammer House of Horror episodes category.
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.