- "Give it your best shot, Blutbad."
- ―Marie Kessler
|"Bears Will Be Bears"|
|Air date||November 4th, 2011|
|Writers||David Greenwalt; Jim Kouf|
|Producers||Norberto Barba; Alan DiFiore; Dan E. Fesman; Sarah Goldfinger; David Greenwalt; Sean Hayes; Julie Herlocker; Jim Kouf; Cameron Litvack; Todd Milliner; Steve Oster; Naren Shankar; Thania St. John; Bettina Zachariah Treviranus|
|Starring||David Giuntoli; Russell Hornsby; Bitsie Tulloch; Silas Weir Mitchell; Sasha Roiz; Reggie Lee|
"Bears Will Be Bears" is the second episode of season one of the supernatural fantasy series Grimm. It was directed by Norberto Barba and written by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf. It first aired on Friday, November 4th, 2011. In this episode, two young lovers break into the Rabe residence and avail themselves of the family's riches. Unaware that the Rabes are a family of jagerbars, they come home and abduct Rocky Babb, forcing his girlfriend, Gilda Darner to flee the scene. Nick Burkhardt investigates the missing persons' case and has to rely upon Monroe to not only give him crash course on jagerbar culture, but also to keep an eye on his ailing Aunt Marie who is the target of assassins.
|David Giuntoli||Nick Burkhardt|
|Russell Hornsby||Hank Griffin|
|Bitsie Tulloch||Juliette Silverton|
|Silas Weir Mitchell||Eddie Monroe|
|Sasha Roiz||Captain Sean Renard|
|Reggie Lee||Sergeant Wu|
Guest Starring Edit
|Robbie Clark||Jason Colbert|
|Ethan Atkinson||T.B. Colbert|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Opening narration: "She looked in the window, and then peeped through the keyhole; seeing nobody in the house, she lifted the latch".
- This is the first episode of Grimm directed by Norberto Barba. His next work is episode 1x13, "Three Coins in a Fuchsbau".
- This is the second episode of Grimm co-written by David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf. Their next episode is 1x6, "Danse Macabre".
- Actor John R. Lewis is uncredited for his participation in this episode. He has also made uncredited appearances in episodes of Leverage, which stars Jekyll actress Gina Bellman as well as former Angel baddie Christian Kane.
- First episodic television work for actor Alexander Mendeluk.
- Rabe is an anagram for bear.
- Final appearance of Marie Kessler; dies in this episode.
- The title of this episode is a play on the phrase "Boys will be boys".
- The premise of this episode draws inspiration from the fairy tale The Story of the Three Bears, often referred to as Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The story was first composed as a narrative by British author and poet Robert Southey. The dynamic of the four central characters have changed several times over the course of it's publication. Southey's original story was that of three bear bachelors and an intrusive elderly woman who trespasses upon their home.
- There are no quotes available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. The preferred format for quotes is an asterisk, followed by the character's name (bold and hyper-linked), semi-colon then the quote itself (without quotation marks. Quotes should be separated by four elipses (....) unless multiple quotes are used between characters as part of a conversation.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
1534 Wilder Road; 418 Hildabrand; 2011; Adalind Schade; Barry Rabe; Bears; Blutbad; Captain; Detective; Diane Rabb; Doctor; Doctor Rose; Eddie Monroe; Frank Rabe; Gilda Darner; Grimms; Hank Griffin; Hexenbiest; Hospital; Jagerbar; Jagerbar ceremonial claw; Jason Colbert; Juliette Silverton; Marie Kessler; Nick Burkhardt; Nightmares; Officer; Oregon; Police officer; Portland; Priest; Rabe residence; Rocky Babb; Roh-Hatz; Sean Renard; Sergeant; Sergeant Wu; Severed limbs; T.B. Colbert; Thug; Werewolves; Wesen
|season one of Grimm. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Grimm season 1 episodes category.|
This article contains an excessive amount of redlinks, ie, articles that have yet to be created. Editors are encouraged to create articles corresponding to the "red links" shown on this page.
This template will categorize articles that include it into Articles with excessive redlinks.