|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Aliases:||Frank the Monster |
55 Hillcrest, England 
|Known relatives:||Larry Cotton |
Kirsty Cotton 
Julia Cotton 
|1st appearance:||Hellraiser (1987)|
|Final:||Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988)|
Oliver Smith 
Andrew Robinson 
Frank Cotton is a fictional character featured in the Hellraiser multimedia franchise. The character was introduced in the Clive Barker novella, The Hellbound Heart, which was first published in 1986. Played by actor Sean Chapman, he was the primary antagonist in the first film in the series Hellraiser and also played a brief role in the movie's 1988 sequel, Hellbound: Hellraiser II. Actor Oliver Smith also played variant iterations of the character in both films. In Hellraiser, Smith played the "Frank the monster" version of Frank Cotton and in Hellraiser II, he played skinless Frank.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Always striving to find the ultimate sensation, Frank Cotton came upon the legendary Lemarchand puzzle box. Armed with an insatiable thirst for breaking the threshold of pleasure and pain, his desire enabled him to solve the mystery of the box, thus opening the doorway to Hell. He became the tormented prisoner of the Cenobites until by chance he found a way to escape Hell and re-manifest once again on Earth.
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character of Frank Cotton was created by director and writer Clive Barker.
- Frank Cotton had a tattoo on his back that came up slightly over his right shoulder.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Hellraiser (1987) (Main story as well as flashback sequences)
- Hellraiser II: Hellbound (1988) (Smaller role than in the 1st film)
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- This is the slowly regenerating version of Frank Cotton played by Oliver Smith.
- This is the flayed, Hellbound version of Frank Cotton from Hellraiser II, also played by Oliver Smith.
- This is how he referred to himself when talking to Kirsty Cotton.
- In the novel, 55 Hillcrest was located in England. The movie is a bit ambiguous as to where the setting is.
- Brother, deceased.
- Niece, alive.
- Lover, deceased.
- Date approximated based upon the age of actor Sean Chapman.
- This database assumes that the events of the film take place in the same year in which it was released.
- Oliver Smith played Frank Cotton in his "Frank the Monster" and "Skinless Frank" transition states.
- Andrew Robinson, who normally plays Larry Cotton, played Frank Cotton disguised in Larry Cotton's skin in Hellraiser (1987).
This article relates to characters featured in and pertaining to the Hellraiser film franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Hellraiser characters category.