Night over Collinwood. But this night, Barnabas again finds himself back in 1796, pursuing Josette. Reliving the night when Angelique lured Josette to Widows' Hill, and showed her a terrifying vision of what she would become if she ran away with Barnabas Collins. And now, Josette, on the edge of Widows' Hill, hears the footsteps she fears so much.
|Air date||November 17th, 1969|
|Starring||Jonathan Frid; Grayson Hall; Nancy Barrett; Kathryn Leigh Scott|
Episode 886 is the untitled 88th episode of the daytime Gothic soap opera series Dark Shadows. It was directed by Lela Swift and written by Sam Hall. It was produced by Peter Miner and first aired on ABC on November 17th, 1969. This episode is the final chapter in the "1796 Flashback" and the first part of "The Leviathan Cult" storyline. In this episode, Barnabas Collins tells Josette du Prés that he can bring her to the year 1897 where they can live together in happiness, free of Barnabas' curse. He convinces her to meet him at the Old House, but finds himself lost when he discovers a strange altar in the woods near Collinwood. When Barnabas fails to arrive at the Old House, Josette decides to take her on life by drinking poison.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Jonathan Frid||Barnabas Collins|
|Grayson Hall||Natalie du Prés|
|Nancy Barrett||Millicent Collins|
|Kathryn Leigh Scott||Josette du Prés|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is included on disc 3 of Dark Shadows DVD Collection 17 and disc 91 of the Dark Shadows: The Complete Original Series DVD collection.
- Opening narration: Nancy Barrett.
- Opening still: Collinwood; Exterior, night.
- Closing still: Altar of the Leviathans.
- This episode begins "The Leviathan Cult" storyline.
- This is the final installment of the "1796 Flashback" mini-arc.
- First appearance of Oberon.
- First appearance of Haza.
- First appearance of the Altar of the Leviathans.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- During Barnabas Collins first conversation with Josette, Jonathan Frid jumps ahead in his lines, but quickly recovers and the dialogue actually comes off as quite natural.
- During the same conversation, a production crew member can be heard coughing from off-stage.
- Barnabas tells Josette that he was in the year 1896. Apparently time travel has scrambled his memories a tad. He was actually living in the year 1897.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Josette du Prés: No! I won't become what you are! I won't! I won't!
- Natalie du Prés: You are dead, Barnabas Collins. I saw your lifeless body carried from your room.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]