The top of Widows' Hill is a strange and lonely place, and the great hulk of Collinwood sits like a sleeping monster on its crest. I know I should leave and yet I can't, not as long as I feel the answers I've been looking for might be here — here in the darkness and the dust of hidden years. Surrounded by the ghosts of the past and the fears of the present, I've decided to search and hope and wait.
|Air date||July 4th, 1966|
|Producers||Dan Curtis; Robert Costello|
|Starring||Joan Bennett; George Mitchell; Nancy Barrett; David Henesy; Alexandra Moltke|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
|Joan Bennett||Elizabeth Collins Stoddard|
|George Mitchell||Matthew Morgan|
|Nancy Barrett||Carolyn Stoddard|
|David Henesy||David Collins|
|Alexandra Moltke||Victoria Winters|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- First appearance of Matthew Morgan on Dark Shadows. He makes three appearances where he is played by George Mitchell, but is replaced with actor Thayer David with episode 38.
- This is the first episode of the series where the opening narration does not begin with the words, "My name is Victoria Winters".
- This is the third appearance of David Collins. He appeared last in episode 5. He doesn't appear again until episode 10.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- There are no quotes available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. The preferred format for quotes is an asterisk, followed by the character's name (bold and hyper-linked), semi-colon then the quote itself (without quotation marks. Quotes should be separated by four elipses (....) unless multiple quotes are used between characters as part of a conversation.
Home Video[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]