|1st appearance:||Episode 978|
Cyrus Longworth is a fictional scientist and a recurring supporting character featured on the ABC television series Dark Shadows. He was portrayed by actor Christopher Pennock and appeared in the "1970 Parallel Time" storyline. He first appeared in episode 978 in March, 1970.
Biography[edit | edit source]
As Cyrus Longworth[edit | edit source]
As John Yaeger[edit | edit source]
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character of Cyrus Longworth was created by director Lela Swift and writer Violet Welles based on concepts originally developed by Dan Curtis and Art Wallace.
- John Yaeger redirects to this page.
- Cyrus Longworth is a pastiche of Henry Jekyll, the main protagonist from the 1886 novel Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by author Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Actor Christopher Pennock has also played the roles of Jeb Hawkes, John Yaeger, Sebastian Shaw, Gabriel Collins, and the 1841 Parallel Time version of Gabriel Collins on episodes of Dark Shadows.
- Cyrus Longworth received a character postcard, which was included in Dark Shadows DVD Collection 20.