|Franchise:||Texas Chainsaw Massacre|
|Location:||Newt, Muerto County, Texas|
|1st appearance:||Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The (1974)|
The cowboy was a town local from Newt in Muerto County, Texas. In 1973, he was one of several people who came to a graveyard after reports began filing in about incidents of vandalism and grave robbing. He was seen in the early morning hours sitting in the back of a pick-up truck drinking beer with a bearded man. A young woman named Sally Hardesty approached him, inquiring as to whether the grave of her grandfather had been one of the ones that had been vandalized. The cowboy directed her to the County Sheriff, Rhesus Maldonado, who was standing nearby and told her that he would be able to confirm whether the grave had been dug up. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- Playing the role of the cowboy is actor Jerry Green's second and final work in film. It is his only work in the horror genre. He previously played a German colonel in the 1966 war film Mission to Death.
- Jerry Green also played a character named Etienne in an uncredited appearance in the 1974 television movie The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.
- On the AMC series Preacher, the Saint of Killers was introduced in the second episode, "See", but was initially identified as just "The Cowboy".
See also Edit
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre films
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre category
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre characters
External Links Edit
This article relates to characters featured in and pertaining to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre film franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Characters category.