|This page is similar in name or subject to other pages.
|Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering|
|Title:||Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering|
|Directed by:||Greg Spence|
|Written by:||Greg Spence; Stephen Berger|
|Produced by:||Gary DePew|
|Music by:||David C. Williams|
|Cinematography:||Richard Clabaugh; Charles Hatcher; Dean Lent; Michael Off|
|Edited by:||Christopher Cibelli|
|Distributed by:||Dimension Films|
|Released:||October 8th, 1996|
|Running time:||85 min.|
|Previous:||Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (1995)|
|Next:||Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998)|
Children of the Corn: The Gathering is an American horror film of the psycho-thriller subgenre. It is the fourth film in the Children of the Corn series and was directed by Greg Spence. It was produced by Stephen Berger for Dimension Films and was released direct-to-video on October 8th, 1996. It is based on concepts originally developed by author Stephen King who wrote the short story "Children of the Corn", which first appeared in the March, 1977 issue of Penthouse magazine. The story was later collected in the anthology novel Night Shift. The film stars Naomi Watts, Karen Black, Jamie Renée Smith, Mark Salling and William Windom. The film takes place in Nebraska and involves a child preacher named Josiah, who had been wrongfully murdered, and whose spirit possesses the local children into becoming the instrument of his revenge against the people who killed him. The children assume the identities of the dead children from the town's past, and attempt to resurrect Josiah from the dead.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Cast[edit | edit source]
|Naomi Watts||Grace Rhodes|
|Jamie Renée Smith||Margaret Rhodes|
|Karen Black||June Rhodes|
|Mark Salling||James Rhodes|
|Brent Jennings||Donald Atkins|
|Toni Marsh||Sandra Atkins|
|Lewis Flanagan, III||Marcus Atkins|
|William Windom||Doc Larson|
|Salle Ellis||Jane Nock|
|Marietta Marich||Rosa Nock|
|Jonathan Patterson||Charlie McLellan|
|Joshua Patterson||Scott McLellan|
|Kay Bower||Janet McLellan|
|Samaria Graham||Mary Anne|
|Evan Greenwalt||Convulsive boy|
|Libby Villari||Michale's mom|
|Bill Prael||Concerned father|
|John Edson, III||Son of concerned father|
|Richard Gross||Sheriff Biggs|
|Christopher Wheatley||Demon child/Josiah double|
|Jake Eberle||Preacher in picture|
|Bill Kleyla||Preacher in picture|
|Alexis Kleyla||Little girl|
|Harry Santiago||Demon child|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tagline for this film is "In a sleepy midwestern town... A horrifying evil is about to rise again!"
- Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering was filmed in Austin, Texas and Los Angeles, California. However, the setting of the film is rural Nebraska.
- This is the first film in the series to be released direct-to-video.
- Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering premiered at the American Film Market in March, 1996. It was first screened in the UK in May, 1999.
- Director Greg Spence also worked as a post-production executive on Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth. In 1998, he wrote and directed The Prophecy II.
- A deleted scene features Jane and Rosa Nock telling Grace and Donald how the children called Josiah by a different name: "He Who Walks Behind The Rows".
- First horror film work for actress Naomi Watts.
The year in film[edit | edit source]
Other films that were released in 1996 include:
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This article relates to the films within the Children of the Corn franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Children of the Corn films category.