- "If he can kill thirteen unmarried witches before midnight, he'll be freed from the underworld to wreak his terror every single day."
- ―Prue Halliwell
|"From Fear to Eternity"|
|Air date||February 10th, 1999|
|Writers||Tony Blake; Paul Jackson|
|Producers||Aaron Spelling; E. Duke Vincent; Constance M. Burge; Brad Kern; Peter Chomsky; Les Sheldon|
|Starring||Shannen Doherty; Holly Marie Combs; T.W. King; Dorian Gregory; Alyssa Milano|
"Secrets and Guys"
"From Fear to Eternity" is the thirteenth episode of season one of the supernaturally-themed television series Charmed, and the fourteenth episode of the series overall if one includes the original unaired pilot. It was directed by Les Sheldon with a script written by consulting producers Tony Blake and Paul Jackson. It first aired on Wednesday, February 10th, 1999 on the WB Network. In this episode, a fear demon, who emerges once every 1,300 years seeks to destroy thirteen unmarried witches on Friday the 13th by literally scaring them to death.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
|Shannen Doherty||Prue Halliwell|
|Holly Marie Combs||Piper Halliwell|
|Alyssa Milano||Phoebe Halliwell|
|T.W. King||Andy Trudeau|
|Dorian Gregory||Darryl Morris|
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
|Steve Wilder||Lucas Devane|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Dailyn Matthews||Susan Warner|
|Evan O'Meara||Richard Warner|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode has been made available on the Charmed: The Complete Series DVD collection and the Charmed: The Complete First Season collection.
- Production code number: 4398012
- The title to this episode is taken from the 1952 novel From Here to Eternity by James Jones. The book was adapted into an Academy Award-winning film in 1953 starring Burt Lancaster and Montgomery Clift, as well as a television miniseries in 1979 and a TV series in 1980.
- "From Fear to Eternity" is also the name of an episode from the sci-fi series Eureka.
- The episode makes many allusions to the numerical significance of the number 13 and the supertition surrounding the Greco-Roman calandar date, Friday the 13th. "From Fear to Eternity" also happens to be the 13th episode of the series.
- Multiple references are made to the Charmed Ones' mother, Patty Halliwell.
- Prue's greatest fear is drowning.
- Phoebe's greatest fear is losing a sister; a fear that will one day soon come to pass.
- Piper's greatest fear are spiders.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
This article pertains to an episode from season one of the Charmed television series.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the Charmed episodes category.