|Air date||August 29th, 2018|
|Director||Ana Lily Amirpour|
|Producers||Robin Sweet; J.J. Abrams; Stephen King; Sam Shaw; Dustin Thomason; Ben Stephenson; Mark Lafferty; Liz Glotzer; Michael Uppendahl; Tamara Isaac; Scott Brown; Tom Spezialy; Gina Welch; Vinnie Wilhelm; Colin Walsh; Lila Byock|
|Starring||André Holland; Melanie Lynskey; Bill Skarsgård; Jane Levy; Sissy Spacek|
"Past Perfect" is the eighth episode of season one of the supernatural drama series Castle Rock, which is based on the literary works of famed horror novelist Stephen King. It was directed by Ana Lily Amirpour with a script written by Mark Lafferty. It first premiered on Hulu on Wednesday, August 29th, 2018.
|André Holland||Henry Deaver|
|Melanie Lynskey||Molly Strand|
|Bill Skarsgård||The Kid|
|Jane Levy||Diane "Jackie" Torrance|
|Sissy Spacek||Ruth Deaver|
Guest Starring Edit
|Adam Rothenberg||Reverend Matthew Deaver|
|Chosen Jacobs||Wendell Deaver|
|Jayne Atkinson||Officer Reese|
|Aaron Staton||Pastor (voice)|
|Julienne Hanzelka Kim||Teagan|
|Caleel Harris||Young Henry Deaver|
|Charlie Jones||Odin Branch|
|Cassady McClincy||Young Molly Strand|
|Johnny Lee Davenport||Professor #1|
|Thomas Rhett Kee||Officer|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- This episode is rated TV-MA. It contains violence and strong language.
- There are twenty-three credited cast members in this episode.
- Actor CJ Jones is credited as Charlie Jones in this episode.
- This is the first episode of Castle Rock directed by Ana Lily Amirpour. It is her first work in the horror genre.
- This is the first episode of Castle Rock written by Mark Lafferty. His next episode is the season finale, "Romans".
- This is the first and only appearance of Gordon; dies in this episode.
- This is the first and only appearance of Lilith; dies in this episode.
- Jackie Torrance brandishes an axe, which is a wink towards her more infamous uncle, Jack Torrance, who attempted to kill his wife and son with an axe in the 1980 film adaptation of The Shining.
- Wendell Deaver gets off at a bus stop at Jerusalem's Lot. Jerusalem's Lot first appeared as the provincial setting of the 1975 novel Salem's Lot. It also appeared in the short stories Jerusalem's Lot and "One for the Road".
- A span of twenty-seven years exists between when The Kid first encountered Henry Deaver as a child, and when he meets him again as an adult. This is the same span of time the evil clown Pennywise waits between his first encounter with the Losers' club as adolescents and his final confrontation with them as adults as seen in the films It: Chapter One and It: Chapter Two. Coincidentally, actor Bill Skarsgård plays both The Kid and Pennywise.
Body Count Edit
- Bird - Smashes into a windshield. Poor bastard.
- Gordon - Get an axe to the head from Jackie Torrance.
- Lilith - Accidentally stabs herself in the throat with a knife. Dumb bitch.
See also Edit
External Links Edit
Automobile | Axe | Birds | Bus | Castle Rock | Corpse | Dead animals | Dismemberment | Eye injuries | Flashback | Head injuries | Jerusalem's Lot | Knife | Maine | Police officer | Priest | Recreational vehicle | Screwdriver | Slit throat | Stabbings | Throat injuries | Van
This article relates to articles pertaining to season one of the Hulu original series Castle Rock.