- "My predecessor, Mister Flutie, may have gone in for all that touchy-feely relating nonsense, but he was eaten. You're in my world now and Sunnydale has touched and felt for the last time."
- ―Principal Snyder
|"The Puppet Show"|
|Air date||May 5th, 1997|
|Writers||Dean Batali; Rob Des Hotel|
|Director||Ellen S. Pressman|
|Producers||David Solomon; Gareth Davies; Sandy Gallin; Gail Berman; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; David Greenwalt|
|Starring||Sarah Michelle Gellar; Nicholas Brendon; Charisma Carpenter; Alyson Hannigan; Anthony Stewart Head|
"I, Robot... You, Jane"
"The Puppet Show" is the ninth episode of season one of the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was directed by Ellen S. Pressman and written by Dean Batali and Rob Des Hotel. It first aired on the WB Network on Monday, May 5th, 1997. In this episode, the uptight Principal Snyder forces the Scoobies to participate in the school talent show. A student named Emily is found dead - her heart ripped out of her body. As the gang begins looking into the matter, they discover that all of the clues point towards a student named Morgan Shay. Is Morgan guilty of murder, or is it actually his ventriloquist's dummy, Sid?
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Sarah Michelle Gellar||Buffy Summers|
|Nicholas Brendon||Xander Harris|
|Alyson Hannigan||Willow Rosenberg|
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Anthony Stewart Head||Rupert Giles|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Kristine Sutherland||Joyce Summers|
|Richard Werner||Morgan Shay|
|Armin Shimerman||Principal Snyder|
|Leonora May||Mrs. Jackson|
|Tom Wyner||Sid (voice)|
|Michelle Miracle||Locker girl|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode has been made available on Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection and disc three of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete First Season DVD collections.
- Production code number: 4V09
- This is the first of two episodes directed by Ellen S. Pressman. She also directs the season 2 episode, "Inca Mummy Girl".
- First appearance of Armin Shimerman as Principal R. Snyder. He will become a recurring character throughout seasons 1 and 2.
- Sid the Dummy also appears in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds video game. He is offered as a playable character on Level 6 only.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- Principal Snyder makes reference to their previous principal, Bob Flutie. Flutie was killed by vampires in episode 6, "The Pack".
Quotes[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- "The Puppet Show" at Wikipedia
- "The Puppet Show" at the Buffyverse Wiki
- "The Puppet Show" at TV.com Episode Guide
- "The Puppet Show" at TV Rage.com Episode Guide
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1 episodes category.|