- "If I lose, this thing gets past Sunnydale, then it's days, maybe hours before the rest of the world goes."
- ―Buffy Summers
Season 7, Episode 22
|Airdate||May 20th, 2003|
|Producer||Gareth Davies; Marc David Alpert; Douglas Petrie; David Solomon; Jane Espenson; David Fury; Sandy Gallin; Gail Berman; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; Joss Whedon; Marti Noxon|
|Starring||Sarah Michelle Gellar; Nicholas Brendon; Emma Caulfield; Michelle Trachtenberg; James Marsters; Alyson Hannigan|
|Previous||"End of Days"|
"Chosen" is the twenty-second episode of season seven of the American supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the 145th episode overall, as well as the series finale. It was written and directed by series creator Joss Whedon and first aired on UPN on Tuesday, May 20th, 2003. In this episode, Buffy, the Scoobies and all of the new potential Slayers wage their final battle against the First and it's army of Turok-Han vampires. They embark upon a plan that is wreckless, foolhardy and dangerous to the extreme, but is also (according to Giles) "absolutely brilliant". However, not everyone will make it out alive!
|Sarah Michelle Gellar||Buffy Summers|
|Nicholas Brendon||Xander Harris|
|Emma Caulfield||Anya Jenkins|
|Michelle Trachtenberg||Dawn Summers|
|Alyson Hannigan||Willow Rosenberg|
Guest Starring Edit
|Anthony Stewart Head||Rupert Giles|
|Eliza Dushku||Faith Lehane|
|Tom Lenk||Andrew Wells|
|DB Woodside||Principal Robin Wood|
|Demetra Raven||Girl at bat|
|Katie Gray||Indian girl|
|Lisa Ann Cabasa||Injured girl|
|Ally Matsumura||Japanese girl|
|Kelli Wheeler||School girl|
|Jenna Edwards||Trailer girl|
|Julia Ling||Potential with power #2|
Notes & Trivia Edit
- "BTVS: Chosen" serves as a shortcut to this page.
- This episode is included on disc 6 of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Seventh Season DVD set. It is also included on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Series collection, and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection DVD boxsets.
- Production code number: 7ABB22.
- The events from this episode chronologically take place between the "Home" and "Conviction" episodes of Angel.
- Anthony Stewart Head is credited as a special guest star in this episode.
- Actors Erik Betts, Ana Maria Lagasca and Anna Lauren Long are uncredited for their participation in this episode.
- Associate producer Denise Pleune is uncredited for her participation in this episode.
- Final appearance of Sunnydale High School; destroyed in this episode.
- Final appearance of the Summers residence.
- Final appearances of Caleb, Anya Jenkins and Amanda; all die in this episode.
- Although Spike appears to suffer a pretty permanent death in this episode, he is nonetheless resurrected soon after and becomes a regularly billed character on the spin-off series Angel beginning with the season five episode, "Conviction".
There are no allusions available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. An allusion is an incidental reference made to a character, person, event or other miscellaneous piece of media that can be found somewhere in the episode itself. In most cases, this refers to characters or events from previous episodes.
There are no bloopers available for this episode at this time. Be the first to add some! Just click on the edit tab under the section heading and start typing. A blooper is any revealing mistake that can be found within the episode that the production crew may have missed during editing. This can range from inconsistent lines of dialogue to visible production equipment in the shot to mis-spoken lines of dialogue, or... dare we say it? A wardrobe malfunction.
- Caleb: Don't need an arm... got an army.
- Buffy Summers: Oooh an army of vampires how ever will I fi...
- Caleb: Daily our numbers swell. My army will overrun the earth and the balance will tip and I will be made flesh. But you have an army of your own... some 30-odd pimply faced girls that don't know the pointy end of a stake... maybe I should call this off?
- Faith Lehane: Looks like the Hellmouth is officially closed for business.
- Rupert Giles: There is another one in Cleveland... Not to spoil the moment.
- Buffy Summers: (to Angel) Because... Okay, I'm cookie dough. I'm not done baking. I'm not finished becoming whoever the hell it is I'm gonna turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the next thing, and maybe one day I turn around and realize I'm ready. I'm cookies. And then, you know, if I want someone to eat m... or... enjoy warm, delicious cookie me, then... that's fine. That'll be then. When I'm done.
- Angel: Any thoughts on who might enjoy... do I have to go with the cookie analogy?
- Angel: That's great. Everyone's got a soul now.
- Buffy Summers: He'll make a difference.
- Angel: You know, I started it. The whole having a soul. Before it was all the cool new thing.
- Buffy Summers: Oh, my God. Are you twelve?
- Dawn Summers: Yeah, Buffy. What are we gonna do now?
See also Edit
External Links Edit
|season seven of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Category:Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Season 7 episodes category.|