- "We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." It's just tough guy talk. Struttin' around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United, and you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction."
|"Becoming (Part 2)"|
|Air date||May 19th, 1998|
|Producers||Joss Whedon; David Greenwalt; Gail Berman; Sandy Gallin; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; David Solomon; Gary Law; Gareth Davies|
|Starring||Sarah Michelle Gellar; Nicholas Brendon; Alyson Hannigan; Charisma Carpenter; David Boreanaz; Anthony Stewart Head|
"Becoming (Part 1)"
"Becoming (Part 2)" is the twenty-second episode of season two of the American television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the thirty-fourth episode of the series overall. The episode was written and directed by series creator Joss Whedon. It first aired on the WB Network on Tuesday, May 19th, 1998. In this episode, Buffy is arrested for the murder of the previous Slayer, Kendra. Willow awakens from her coma. Angelus tortures Giles for information on the ritual to summon the demon Acathla. In addition to being expelled from school, Buffy must now contend with her evil boyfriend and reluctantly accepts aid from the most unlikely ally of all - Spike!
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
|Sarah Michelle Gellar||Buffy Summers|
|Nicholas Brendon||Xander Harris|
|Alyson Hannigan||Willow Rosenberg|
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Anthony Stewart Head||Rupert Giles|
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
|Seth Green||Daniel "Oz" Osbourne|
|Kristine Sutherland||Joyce Summers|
|Robia La Morte||Jenny Calendar|
|James G. MacDonald||Detective Stein|
|Armin Shimerman||Principal Snyder|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Susan Leslie||First cop|
|Thomas G. Waites||Second cop|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Production code number: 5V22
- This is the last episode of the series that starts with the prologue, "In every generation..."
- This is the seventh episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer directed by Joss Whedon. He previously directed "Becoming (Part 1)"}. He next directs "Anne".
- During the closing credits, the Mutant Enemy monster says "Oh, I need a hug" instead of his traditional "Grrr arrgh."
Bloopers[edit | edit source]
- Since vampires do not breathe the same way that humans do, it is illogical that Spike would be able to incapacitate Drusilla with a sleeper hold, which is a wrestling manuever that enables a competitor to weaken an opponent by cutting off oxygen to the brain.
- After Angel regains his soul, he has no memory of the actions he committed while as Angelus. However, in the Angel television series, it is established many times that Angel and Angelus both share the same memories.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Buffy Summers: What do you want?
- Spike: I told you. I want to stop Angel. I want to save the world.
- Buffy Summers: Okay, you do remember that you're a vampire, right?
- Buffy Summers: If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your rib cage and wear it as a hat.
- Buffy Summers: Do-do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely it is, how dangerous? I would *love* to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys or... God, even studying! But I have to save the world. Again.
- Xander Harris: Cavalry's here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.
- Buffy Summers: What's the deal, Spike? You've got five minutes. Talk
- Spike: Simple: I help you kill Angel, stop him from awakening Acathla thus destroying the world, you let me and Dru skip town.
- Joyce Summers: Angel your boyfriend?
- Buffy Summers: Forget it. You can walk, she doesn't.
- Spike: There's no deal without her.
- Buffy Summers: She killed Kendra!
- Spike: Dru bagged a slayer? S-She didn't tell me. Hey, good for her! Though not from your perspective, I suppose.
- Angelus: I want to torture you. I used to love it, and it's been a long time. I mean, the last time I tortured someone, they didn't even have chainsaws.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2 episodes category.|