- "Everone dies. Actually... can I start that again? Everyone deserves a death. I was going to die of old age. That was the plan. Mitchell was going to go down in a blaze of gunfire and glory. Not cold and alone and shit scared. He didn't think death would smile at him first. Death was always a certainty, the punch line we could all see coming. But not for Mitchell. For a vampire, death isn't the end... but the beginning. So here we are. Overlooked and forgotten. Unnatural and supernatural."
- ―Annie Sawyer
|"Flotsam and Jetsam"|
|Air date||January 25th, 2009|
|Producers||Rob Pursey; Matthew Bouch; Alison Law|
|Starring||Aidan Turner; Russell Tovey; Lenora Crichlow|
"Flotsam and Jetsam" is the first regular episode of the British television series Being Human. It follows the pilot movie, which premiered in 2008, but switches out several key cast members with Aidan Turner, Lenora Crichlow and Jason Watkins, who become the regular stars of the series. The episode was directed by Toby Haynes and written by series creator Toby Whithouse. It first aired on BBC3 on January 25th, 2009.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Aidan Turner||John Mitchell|
|Russell Tovey||George Sands|
|Lenora Crichlow||Annie Sawyer|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Annabel Scholey||Lauren Drake|
|Jason Watkins||William Herrick|
|Gregg Chillin||Owen Norayen|
|Dean Lennox Kelly||Tully|
|Howard Coggins||Mainetenance man|
|Rebecca Cooper||Canteen girl|
|Sarah Counsell||HCA nurse|
|George Oliver||Pizza Delivery boy|
|Dina Lees||Girl in toilets|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Opening narration: Annie Sawyer
- Many plot elements and even direct scenes from this episode have been adapted in season one of the North American version of Being Human.
- Of the main stars from the 2008 pilot episode, only Russell Tovey returns to reprise his role in the regular series. Guy Flanagan, who played John Mitchell is now played by Aidan Turner. Andrea Riseborough, who played Annie Sawyer, is now played by Lenora Crichlow. Adrian Lester, who played William Herrick in the pilot, is now played by Jason Watkins.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- "Flotsam and Jetsam" at the Being Human Wiki
- "Flotsam and Jetsam" at TV.com Episode Guide
- "Flotsam and Jetsam" at TV Rage.com Episode Guide