|Location:||Bon Temps, Renard Parish, Louisiana|
|Known relatives:||Terry Bellefleur (ex-husband)|
Rene Lenier (ex-husband)
Coby Fowler (son)
Lisa Fowler (daughter)
Andy Bellefleur (brother-in-law); Portia Bellefleur (sister-in-law)
Mikey Bellefleur (son)
Fern (sister) 
|1st appearance:||Dead Until Dark|
Arlene Fowler is a fictional character from "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" series of novels written by Charlaine Harris. The novels have been adapted into the popular HBO television series, True Blood, where the role of Arlene Fowler was played by actor Carrie Preston.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Arlene Fowler was a single mother with two children who worked as a waitress at Merlotte's Bar and Grill in Bon Temps, Louisiana. She was aware that her fellow waitress Sookie Stackhouse possessed the ability to read minds, but she always put-off by this talent and didn't like the idea of Sookie being able to perceive her most private thoughts. Regardless, Arlene and Sookie managed to work together well and Sookie engendered Arlene's trust by covering for her on occasion when Arlene was forced to leave work early.
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character of Arlene Fowler was created by director/writer Alan Ball and author Charlaine Harris.
- Actress Carrie Preston is actually a blonde, but wears a red wig for the show.
- In "The Southern Vampire Mysteries", Rene Lenier was actually Arlene's second husband. The two divorced amicably, but got back together years later.
- Arlene Fowler and Holly Cleary were born in the same year.
- Arlene Fowler was a smoker. Though she rarely smoked a cigarette in front of people, she occasionally smoked one while at Merlotte's Bar and Grill. 
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
This article relates to characters pertaining to the True Blood franchise. This template will categorize articles that include it into the True Blood characters category.