|Location:||New York City, New York|
|Known relatives:||Mark Leung|
|1st appearance:||The Crow: Waking Nightmares #1|
Anita Leong is a fictional murder victim and a minor character featured in The Crow multimedia franchise. She appeared in the 1997-1998 comic book limited series The Crow: Waking Nightmares. The character died prior to the onset of the series, so all appearances of her are in flashback.
Anita Leung was a young woman of Chinese descent who lived in the Chinatown district of New York City, New York. She was married to an NYPD police detective named Mark Leung and had two twin daughters, Annabelle and Katherine.
Mark Leung's work as a cop brought him into conflict with the local Triads, resulting in a shootout with an underling working for Triad elder Ko Yun Liu. As retribution for his actions, Ko's son, Little Ko, decided to make an example of the Leung family. Assisted by his enforcer, Mister Xin, he broke into the Leung's home and Anita was brutally raped and murdered. Little Ko held onto Mark Leung, forcing him to watch the entire affair before Mister X executed him as well. After the deaths of the parents, the children were taken in and sold into slavery. Mark Leung was resurrected by the power of a mystical crow and granted the opportunity to avenge his own death as well as that of Anita's. 
Notes & Trivia Edit
- The character of Anita Leung was created by writer Christopher Golden and artists Phil Hester and Ande Parks based on concepts originally developed by James O'Barr.
- Would always cry during romantic movies. 
- Mark said that a single flower would make her smile for an entire day. 
- Her favorite flavor of ice cream was Mocha. 
- Enjoyed singing, though she always sang slightly off-key.