|"Waiting in the Wings"|
|Air date||February 4th, 2002|
|Producers||Skip Schoolnik; Jeffrey Bell; Marti Noxon; Sandy Gallin; Gail Berman; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; Kelly A. Manners; Tim Minear; Joss Whedon; David Greenwalt|
|Starring||David Boreanaz; Charisma Carpenter; Alexis Denisof; J. August Richards; Amy Acker|
"Waiting in the Wings" is the thirteenth episode of season three of the supernatural action series Angel and the fifty-seventh episode of the series overall. It was written and directed by series creator Joss Whedon. It first aired on the WB Network on February 4th, 2002. In addition to the main cast, this episode also includes guest appearances by Andy Hallett as Lorne, Mark Harelik as Count Kurushu, Mark Lutz as the Groosalugg, and Summer Glau as the Prima Ballerina.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Alexis Denisof||Wesley Wyndam-Pryce|
|J. August Richards||Charles Gunn|
|Amy Acker||Winifred "Fred" Burkle|
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Mark Harelik||Count Kurushu|
Co-Stars[edit | edit source]
|Mark Lutz||The Groosalugg|
|Summer Glau||Prima Ballerina|
|Don Tiffany||Security guard|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Angel was created by Joss Whedon and David Greenwalt. It is a spin-off of the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- This episode is included on disc four of the Angel: Season Three DVD collection. It is also included on disc sixteen of the Angel: The Complete Series collection.
- This episode is production code number 3ADH13.
- This is the third appearance of the Groosalugg.
- Joss Whedon has gone on record as saying that this is his favorite episode of the series.
- Actor Thomas Crawford will return to the series in season four to play an Eater demon in "Slouching Toward Bethlehem".
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Angel: Don't be stupid. I'm that guy and the most beautiful woman I've ever seen is making eyes at me? It's either a bachelor party or a scam.
- Cordelia Chase: What did you call me?
- Angel: I'm sorry. You're not stupid.
- Cordelia Chase: No, after that?
- Angel: Oh yeah. I saw their production of Giselle in 1890. Cried like a baby. And I was evil!
- Charles Gunn: That would also explain the precision, and the athleticism. I mean, some of those jumps... You know, I was cool before I met y'all.
- Cordelia Chase: Up to his ass in demon gore, fine, but ask him to mack on a hottie and he wigs. My champion, ladies and gentlemen.
- Winifred Burkle: That's impossible! We're watching the exact same troupe you saw in 1990?
- Charles Gunn: Uh, I think he said 1890.
- Winifred Burkle: Oh. Okay, that's much more impossible.
- Cordelia Chase: So! What's up with you? Hey, you went with the dark colors today! It's a look.
- Angel: Ask me why I'm smiling.
- Cordelia Chase: I will because it's scaring me.
- Angel: Back in the day, I'd always get box seats... or eat the people who had 'em.
- Cordelia Chase: Don't let's reminisce. We're here. Enjoy.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Angel . This template will categorize articles that include it into the Angel season 3 episodes category.