|Air date||September 24th, 2001|
|Writers||David Greenwalt; Scott Murphy|
|Producers||Jeffrey Bell; Gail Berman; Sandy Gallin; David Greenwalt; Jim Kouf; Fran Rubel Kuzui; Kaz Kuzui; Kelly A. Manners; Tim Minear; Marti Noxon; Skip Schoolnik; Joss Whedon|
|Starring||David Boreanaz; Charisma Carpenter; Alexis Denisof; J. August Richards|
"There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb"
"That Vision Thing"
"Heartthrob" is the first episode of season three of the supernatural action series Angel, and the forty-fifth episode of the series overall. It was written and directed by David Greenwalt. It first aired on the WB Network on September 24th, 2001.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
|Charisma Carpenter||Cordelia Chase|
|Alexis Denisof||Wesley Wyndam-Pryce|
|J. August Richards||Charles Gunn|
|Amy Acker||Winifred "Fred" Burkle|
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
|Keith Szarabajka||Daniel Holtz|
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
|Sam Littlefield||Young Pilgrim hostage|
|Christian Hastings||Vamp #1|
|Bob Fimiani||Codger demon|
|Robert Madrid||Rough man|
|Bob Morrisey||Doctor Gregson|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This episode is included on disc one of the Angel: Season Three DVD collection, which was released in Region 1 format by 20th Century Fox on February 10th, 2004. It is also available on the Angel: The Complete Series DVD collection, which was released on October 30th, 2007.
- Actress Amy Acker becomes a regularly billed cast member on the series beginning with this episode.
- Actress Julie Benz is given a "Special Guest Star" credit in this episode.
- Actress Kate Norby is also known for playing the character of serial killer(s) victim Wendy Banjo in the 2005 psycho-thriller The Devil's Rejects.
- This is the first supernatural genre television work for teleplay writer and story editor Scott Murphy. It is his second work in scripted in television following the "Basic Maternal Instinct" episode of The Huntress.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Angel: "Listen. Listen." What are you listening for?
- Fred Burkle: The click. When it all comes together and makes sense, there's like a click in your brain and you understand things again.
- Angel: Well, what happens if you run out of wall space before you get the click?
- Fred Burkle: I don't know.
- Angel: Fred. You know, you spend...five years in a place where humans could only be slaves or fugitives. I know that wasn't a picnic for you, but you're home now. You're safe. You can come out of your room.
- Wesley Wyndam-Pryce: I realize we sacrifice a great deal of our social lives, but we have to. Work demands it.
- Charles Gunn: True. I mean who's got time for love when you're out there doing it with the demons? Didn't that come out sad and wrong?
- Cordelia Chase: Yeah.
- Charles Gunn: I need to get out more.
- Angel: I'm okay.
- Cordelia Chase: Then - what's the problem?
- Angel: That I'm okay. That losing Buffy didn't kill me. That I could deal with it. In all those years, no one ever mattered. Not like she did. And now she's gone... forever.
- Cordelia Chase: And you're still here.
- Angel: Yeah. I just feel like I'm betraying her somehow.
- Cordelia Chase: No! If you were a loser, if you were some sick obsessed vampire, you'd go to a Snod demon, or whatever, and get your heart cut out. But you're not! You're a living, breathing... well, living, anyway - good guy, who's still fighting and trying to help people, and that's not betraying her, that's honoring her.
- Angel: You think?
- Cordelia Chase: I'm Cordelia. I don't think. I know. Okay?
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
|Angel . This template will categorize articles that include it into the Angel season 3 episodes category.