- "All monsters are human. You're a monster."
- ―Sister Jude Martin
|"Welcome to Briarcliff"|
|Air date||October 17th, 2012|
|Producers||Bradley Buecker; Dante Di Loreto; Mark Douglas; Brad Falchuk; Alexis Martin Woodall; Tim Minear; Ryan Murphy; Jennifer Salt; Jessica Sharzer; Chip Vucelich; James Wong|
|Starring||Zachary Quinto; Joseph Fiennes; Sarah Paulson; Evan Peters; Lily Rabe; Lizzie Brocheré; James Cromwell; Jessica Lange|
"Tricks and Treats"
"Welcome to Briarcliff" is the first episode of season two of the American television series American Horror Story and the thirteenth episode of the series overall. This episode is part of the program's "Asylum" storyline. It was directed by Bradley Buecker and written by Tim Minear. It first aired on the FX Network on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at 10:00 pm EST.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Principal Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest Stars[edit | edit source]
|Adam Levine||Leo Morrison|
|Jenna Dewan Tatum||Teresa Morrison|
|Clea Duvall||Wendy Peyser|
|Britne Oldford||Alma Walker|
|Marc Aden Gray||Dad|
|Gloria Laino||The Mexican|
|Henry G. Sanders||Willie|
|John Dixon||Orderly #1|
|David Hutchison||Orderly #2|
Notes & Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Welcome to Briarcliff" redirects to this page.
- This is the first chapter in the "Asylum" storyline, which runs for thirteen episodes.
- This episode is included on the American Horror Story: The Complete Second Season DVD and Blu-ray collections.
- This episode is production code number: 2ATS01.
- Actors John Dixon, Kira Durbin and David Hutchison are all uncredited for their participation in this episode.
- The name of the unseen "creature" in the woods that Sister Mary Eunice is feeding meat to is Willie.
Allusions[edit | edit source]
- Sister Jude makes reference to The Song of Bernadette. The Song of Bernadette is a 1943 drama film about the real-life Saint Bernadette Soubirous, who saw visions of a "lady in white" at Lourdes.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Shelley: Do you think I'm full of shame and regret for what I've done now, Sister? You could shave me bald as a cueball and I'd still be the hottest tamale in this joint.
- Sister Jude: Shelley was brought to us having been given the preposterous diagnosis by a psychiatrist comparing her to a wood nymph.
- Lana Winters: You mean a nymphomaniac?
- Sister Jude: Mental illness is the fashionable explanation for sin.
- Sister Jude: This is not a meat locker. Here, you will repent for your crimes to the only judge that matters: the Almighty God.
- Kit Walker: There is no God. Not a God who would create the things I saw.
- Sister Jude: Your story about little green men? That won't do here.
- Kit Walker: They weren't human. They were monsters.
- Sister Jude: All monsters are human. You're a monster.
- Arthur Arden: When the monsignor brought me out of retirement to run Briarcliff's medical unit, we made a gentleman's agreement.
- Sister Jude: Curious, since only one of you is a gentleman.
See also[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Credited, but does not appear in this episode.
|American Horror Story. This template will categorize articles that include it into the American Horror Story season 2 episodes category.|